Expecting the Unexpected

As soon as I open the door to find a smiling Damon I know something is wrong.

"What happened?" I don't crack a smile.

As soon as I enter the entrance of the house I see Caroline and Stefan embracing each other and murmuring things to each other.

"Nice to see you too have finally come out," I mutter. Then I'm serious again.

"What happened Caroline?"

Both Stefan and Caroline turn to me surprised.

"Huh? Nothing," Stefan gives me a quizzical look and Caroline is smirking.

"We're going out," she says in her preppy voice. And that's when I notice her outfit and how glam it looks for just hanging out with friends at their house.

Even Stefan and Damon are dressed better than they usually are.

I raise an eyebrow and turn to Damon.

"You're coming?" 

He winced. 

"Why not?" he said defensively.

I grimaced apologetically. 

"Er- sorry, It's just..." I didn't continue because I knew everyone in the room knew why Damon shouldn't be coming. But I still felt bad about asking anyway.

"I'm fine Bon Bon," he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms then looked me up and down.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a hint of amusement in his voice and a raised eyebrow.

Damon Salvatore was back, I thought as I took a relieved breath. The moments of what happened that devastating day a million weeks ago seem to not be on anyone's mind except maybe mine.

Maybe, just maybe, I could have a tinsy eensy bit of fun tonight.

"Yeah, I am," I finally said with a new sense of life and finality. Elena's gone. At least until I die. And so It wouldn't do anyone anything If I don't live. It would be a waste. So starting now I'm going to live with no regrets until I take my last breath, because then I'll know that once I take that last breath, Elena will be opening her eyes for the first time in hopefully sixty years.

"Great!" Caroline moved toward the front door with Stefan.

"Um, can we go?" she was waiting for me and Damon.

I had been caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that we were leaving.

"Er, yeah," I made my way out the door. " Where exactly are we going again?"

Caroline hid a smirk. "Out."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Caroline was crazy but I knew her well enough to know that she wouldn't bring me somewhere too out of the ordinary. At least with Stefan and Damon with us.

Damon rushed out behind me holding a bottle of bourbon.

"The place we're going will let you drink that inside?" I asked.

"No!" Caroline said in disapproval.

"They will If I say they will," Damon said with a sly smile.

And that was the start of a very long night.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

As soon as we entered the place I knew something bad was going to happen. It was like the bones under my skin were itching because of the energy that was being given off.

But I still had no idea what.

Stefan and Caroline immediately went off to do their own thing and Damon went straight to the bar to drink god knows what and get god knows how drunk seeing that he already had his bourbon.

Which just left me. So much for hanging out with Caroline. The club was pretty much how any night club looked. A bunch of flashing lights. Young adults with different drinks and glow sticks. The DJ playing nonstop beats. 

I suddenly felt eyes on me .

And when I do a three sixty to see who's they are - I see no one.

Great, Now I'm paranoid.

I spot Damon at the bar nodding his head to the music and I suddenly feel a pang of guilt.

Elena would be here, with him. They would be dancing and laughing together and probably sneak behind the club and do god knows what. But the thought doesn't repulse me like usual. It makes me feel a loss and longing, because that's what should be happening. 

I'm almost jealous when I spot Stefan and Caroline with their foreheads touching as they dance to the rhythm of the music and converse about something.

Then I feel eyes on me again. This time the sense is stronger. Much stronger.

 I start to feel a knot in my stomach from fear that came out of no where. I slowly start looking around again. I had began walking toward the restrooms when I first walked in. The long ride had made me need to use it. And this time when I look around - still no one.

I had no idea what was going on.

Am I crazy? Was this a side effect of being linked to Elena? Was Elena somehow watching me from above or something?

I finally reached the bathroom door and just as I was pushing it open-

"Bonnie."

I stop. I stare at the restroom door. I could have sworn I thought I just heard a voice I've only heard in my dreams and nightmares the past month. I suddenly had the fleeting feeling to run. To turn the opposite way the voice came from and just run. Because the last time I'd heard that deep husky voice in person...

I slowly turned toward where the voice came from, which wasn't even a few feet from where I was. 

I couldn't say I wasn't surprised. But I definitely did not think this would ever really happen. Not outside my nightmares...outside my dreams. I was too scared to move. To speak. Because standing in front of me was Kai Parker. Completely alive. And completely with a head.

***************************************************************************

AUTHORS NOTE:

Thank you to whoever has been reading so far. I just have to warn you guys ...this will be turning into a new type of "feel" soon so if your under a certain age where you can't or don't want to read anything that resembles fifty shades of grey or any of the sort please stop reading here . I just didn't want the whole story to be just about bonkai and sex and all etc. So please please please do not say I didn't warn you. And I hope you are enjoying so far. Please recommend this to friends and don't be afraid to leave a comment. Thank you :)