The Five W's

I feel like I'm about to throw up. And I didn't even get to have a drink.

His face looks like a million emotions. He looks as if he knew it was me when he called me, yet he didn't know why he called me and he didn't know why I turned.

I don't know why I turned either.

After staring at each other for far too long, I finally get the connection to my vocal chords back.

"What are you doing here Kai?"

He seems at a lost for words. Oh No, he is not about to start trying to apologize to me again - and then it hits me.

This is a dream.

This is a nightmare.

This isn't real.

I'm so stupid.

Kai's eyebrows scrunch up. Then everything around me begins to blur. Lights turn dull. And before I know it I'm falling...

And the last thing I see is Kai's beautiful face as he mouths my name in fear and concern.

You're not real.  Is the last thing I think to myself before the whole world goes black.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Bonnie..."

I feel cold hands on  my forehead. And that beautiful voice again.

"Bonster..."

Oh no. Only two people in my lifetime have called me that. I think as I soon start to come to.

I moan sleepily.

"Oh my god," I hear the beautiful voice whisper as I begin to flutter my eyes open.

But when I open my eyes no one is next to me. Kai is across the room. And he looks like he's really really really trying not to do something.

I laugh to myself inwardly.

Kill me?

And then I remembered what happened. And where I was.

And that's when I feel something restraining my hands and feet.

If this was a dream...then when I wake up i'm never going to sleep again.

This is too real.

I feel my eyes start to water as reality sets in. He's going to try to kill me again.

Kai's face turns from deep concentration to complete helplessness and sadness as he watches a tear begin to roll down my face.

In the blink of an eye, he is sitting in the chair next to mine.

"Bonnie please don't cry."

But then I start bawling.

"Bonnie please! I'm not trying to kill you, I just want to talk to you." He sounds like he's telling the truth so I slowly turn my bawling into just tears.

This causes his madman of helplessness expression to turn to a slight relief.

If this were a dream he wouldn't have that much detail in his face.

His carved chin, bushy eyebrows. My memories of him did the real him no justice whatsoever. I couldn't believe I was thinking this, but Kai Parker truly was gorgeous. Especially his vampire self.

"Then why am I tied to this chair," I suddenly snapped at him.

We were in the living room of the Salvatore boarding house and my hands were tied to a chair. 

His face shoots up as he hears me talk for the first time.

"I just didn't want you to try to kill me. I just want to talk to you and explain -"

I cut him off. " Where are the others? Did you kill them?!" I began to panic.

He shakes his head vigorously. " No, no, absolutely not... they're still at the club. You fainted... at the sight of me...which isn't surprising. Then I took you here."

"How long was I out?! They could walk through the door any moment!"

He looks uneasy and concentrating at the same time.

"They can't.... I stopped time."

I was confused. "You stopped time?" I repeated.

"Yes." He said.

" Like, paused it?"

He began to get irritated and sighed. "Yes Bonnie, which only leaves me a certain window of time to explain to you what I need to explain to you."

I get a sour taste in my mouth as he says this.

My eyes cloud with what I hope looks like hate.

"I don't need you to explain anything to me except for how the hell are you alive?"

He stiffens in sadness. I almost feel  bad that I hurt him with only words. 

What happen to the Kai that linked me and Elena? 

"Fine, but after that you need to unlink me and and Elena -"

"Bonnie I already told you -" I cut him off in frustration.

"Or find a way to unlink us! You can't just show up demanding to explain some stupid lie to me and not unlink me and Elena! If you can come back from the dead with no head, you can fucking fix something you did!" I was crying again and this time it was out of pure anger. 

I don't feel sorry for him. I hate him. I just had to remind myself why.

He winces at my outburst and probably the fact I called his explaining another lie.

"Okay, okay. Fine."

I stop crying and just start glaring at him as he starts to talk.

At first he looks at a loss for words again. I roll my eyes.

"Say what you have to say, but if it's an apology I don't want to hear it. I will never forgive you."

My eyes bored into his as I say this. So he knows I'm not kidding.

He sighs.

"Very well." He pauses then explains how he "came back from the dead".