[4]

The sun beamed on the forest ground, making the grass glow with a magical enchantment. Bees buzzed and dragonflies zoomed through the air. A loud, childish laughter broke the tranquil silence. A little boy, of the age of 12, ran across the ground, his bare feet stomping against the mud. He looked up at the sky, his eyes widening with childish innocence. He continued on his journey, breezing past the many trees, his fingers grazing their bark. He jumped in a small river, the cold water providing a refreshing coolness that soothed any irritated skin on a warm day.

"You should be back home [------], your cerem starts soon. You don't want to miss that, right?"

The little boy looked up at the man, mismatched eyes met deep brown ones. The man, in his early 40's...or so it seemed...wore a long trench coat and iron pressed trousers. He truly looked sophisticated.

"But Ophi! It's so warm here! The birds are calling and singing to me! So you hear? Do you?"

The little boy pouted and pointed to nowhere in particular. The man, 'Ophi', chuckled.

"Of course [------], truly a magnificent song. Now come along dear."

The boy huffed but ran up to the man, clinging to him like a son would do to a mother. The pair walked onwards, quietness surrounded them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at a clearing, surrounded by a circle of trees. The man lifted a hand and muttered ancient words. A 'fizz' could be heard. And then...a village appeared before their eyes, manifesting from nothing. The tall, wooden buildings created a soft yet enchanting vibe. They were greeted by many noble people, all wrapped in various robes of fancy materials, none that the boy could name.

"Ah, it's Ophiuchus and [------]! Come come! The ceremony shall start soon! We need to prepare you!"

A few hands grabbed at the boy, tugging him onwards. They dragged him to a small hut, various clothing and powders littered every space. Immediately, he was thrown into a chair and women and men began to 'beautify' him. They dusted his cheeks with a deep pink and brushed on some purple eyeshadow. They wrapped him in many clothes, trying to see which would go well. Soon, they agreed on a dark purple. It flowed around his body like a mural. The boy looked at himself before looking at everyone else, who had just begun to leave. He felt nervous...today was a big day...

-----------------------------------------------------------

He stood on the altar, a round platform, in front of everyone. Everyone had eager eyes, each one a different symbol. Today...was the day the boy would find out what exactly he is...who he is...the day, he'd become a god. He felt every cell light up with anticipation. He lifted his chin and looked at everyone with made up confidence. An older woman, the oldest god amongst them all, walked up and smiled upon everyone.

"My dear people! It is time to see the youngest generation become one of us! Unfortunately, in the past, not many of the youngsters survived. Luckily, our little one, curious [------], has made it to adolescence."

The gods cheered, all looking at him with excitement. The woman began chanting. For a few moments, nothing happened. Suddenly, the boy began floating, a glow sprung from his back and face. A symbol began to etch onto his skin, carving itself for life.

He was...