Chapter 3

As he closes the door behind us, he turns around to face me and I speak up. "What are you-' before I finish he grabs my face and begins to passionately kiss me pushing me towards the bed until I feel the wooden frame against my calves. He pushes me back without breaking the connection between our lips, I can't taste the alcohol in his saliva.

As he begins to snake his hands up my top I break the kiss and pull his hand from underneath my t-shirt. "Max, stop" he looks at me puzzled "Why?" He questions drunkenly. "You are drunk out of your mind, why don't you get some sleep".

I stand up from the bed and help him navigate around the room to the bathroom. We all knew that this night would end up in everyone being inebriated so we decided it would be best to stay on the boat. After he emerges from the bathroom in shorts and a t-shirt I hand him a glass of water and help him into bed before leaving him.

I decide to head back up the stairs to the main saloon of the boat where Lily and Kika are still sitting where they were when I left them. "What was all that about?" Kika asks. "Oh nothing he just wanted me to help him find his room" I respond rather unconvincingly and I can tell they don't believe me by Lily's comment, "and that took you nearly an hour". I feel my face blush with nerves, it has always been my sign that I'm not telling the truth. Their facial expressions change into a look that interrogates me without them saying a word.

"We may or may not have had a little kiss, that's all", they simultaneously gasp and then Kika turns to Lily and says "you owe me €50".

I'm puzzled, "What do you mean?" I add.

"Well we always knew you weren't straight so we bet on who you would have a thing with, I bet Max and Lily bet Ollie" Kika answers.

I turn to Lily and exclaim "you think I would have a thing with Ollie, he's nice and all but not my type".

We spend ages discussing the whole 'story' between me and Max and I quickly get to know them on a much deeper level and they are no longer just Pierre and Alex's girlfriends. They have such a genuine interest in my life it feels nice and validating that I am actually somewhat interesting.

At 2 AM pretty much everyone has gone to bed except me and Daniel who is inside whilst I'm sitting on the bow of the boat taking in the serenity of the night sky. I hear him approaching as he sits down next to me. "How are you?" he asks "Why does everyone always ask me how I am, do I look sad all the time or something?" he laughs "chill it's just a natural greeting".

There is a monetary pause before he starts speaking "How are you and Max going?", I feel confused "We aren't going at all, we are just friends".

"Don't bullshit me, I have seen you two together you can't keep your eyes off each other and you and Max were gone for a while this evening". "Fucking hell Danny your like a fucking spy".

"I don't know how it's going honestly, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship just yet I need to focus on my performance and being myself first".

He nods in agreement and places his arm around me and we both just stare up into the night sky which is populated by a multitude of stars. We spend a while just in silence yet it's not an awkward silence it's a comforting one. We part at 3 AM and I am the final one to go to bed.

Drifting off to sleep as the gentle lap of the wave gently rocks the boat it doesn't feel long until I am awoken by the sound of a cacophony of cheers coming from above where the main deck is. I toss and turn over and pull the cotton sheets over my head and attempt to get some sleep. However, it's abruptly ruined by Max bursting into my room and slamming my door shut.