Chapter 7

“How could you have been so stupid? I mean are you trying to ruin your career, I know you are angry but that's no reason to act like an out of control teenager. You are a grown man in the pinnacle of racing. You have just made out with the current World Champion for the entire world to see do you have any idea what you have done to yourself and more importantly the team”

I have never seen Alessandro lose his cool like this before he has always been level headed but it appears mine and Max's antics have brought a new side of him out. I have been sat in his office for the past 20 minutes and he has been non-stop shouting and lecturing me about how stupid and reckless I have been, but I still can't make myself seem like to care about this.

“With all due respect Alessandro it's my life I can do what I want” I quietly mutter.

“I don't care,” he snaps back.

“I can only imagine what Is going on in Horner's office, I tell you he isn't going to be as nice to Max as I have been to you”.

We both just look at each other before Alessandro dismisses me and everyone who had been listening at the door scatters away and acts like they have been working the entire time. I walk out of the office and see that most of the stuff has been packed up and is being prepared to be shipped off to Italy for Monza.

I see Max walking out the Red Bull office with a smirk on his face which turns to a full smile when he sees me approaching him.

“So what did Christian say?” I ask.

“Surprisingly he doesn't care” he replies.

“And your dad?” I add.

“I haven't spoken to him or answered any of his 43 voicemails or messages but he's going to be at Monza so I will have to face him then”

I can't help but feel sorry for Max, his dad has made every day of his life difficult, especially this season where Max hasn't been as dominant as he has been in the past. My family haven't seemed to care as much although most of them wished they had never saw the video of me making out with another person.

“Seeing as it's our day off, why don't we go to the beach?” I suggest to take his mind off everything.

Being in Miami it would be a crime not to go to one of their stunning beaches, me and Max go back to our hotel to get some towels and swimming shorts and walk along the promenade that leads to the beach which surprisingly isn't very overwhelmed with tourists.

We find a spot that is close to the sea but not in the direct heat of the blazing sun and set our towels and bags down. Max immediately takes off his shirt and I stare for a little longer than I should and he eventually notices.

“Do you like the look of something?” he asks.

I let out a light laugh and avert my gaze and cast it to look over the azure blue sea that quietly laps onto the sand.

Max throws me a bottle of sunscreen and asks me to put it on his back, at first for some reason I'm hesitant but I eventually open the bottle and squeeze some into my hands.

I start to slowly rub it into Max’s back in circles and I reach his shoulders and start to push a little firmer causing Max to let out a little groan out of satisfaction and I laugh at how much he's enjoying it.

Max returns the favour and puts sunscreen on my back and follows the same pattern as me but unlike him I don't let out any audible signs of satisfaction.

I lay on my towel with a book in my hand when Max suggests that we go in the sea, I'm not a fan of the salt water and its effects as Max found out when he threw me off a yacht, but the beach has showers so I don't mind and the second I step in Max creates a massive splash causing a an explosion of cool sea water to hit me in the face. The coolness of the water sends my body into a little shock but out of natural instinct I slash Max back more and it then turns into a war of attrition but I eventually surrender after being blinded by the salty water that is in my eyes.