Chapter 3: Stemming for Ruination

Ayame's problems stemmed from her difficult childhood.
Their disagreement stemmed from a misunderstanding and the misunderstanding between them both is brutal. 惨い (brutal)

                                                                                                  ⚔️

Eiko Mayumi grew up in a small family. Abuse was never present, thought narcissistic tendencies existed within members of her family.
Eiko, eventually picked up on those traits of narcissist behavior, using it towards other as a way to gain power.
Each time she'd try, she WOULD always gain power in any relationship ship she entered.
Everything was normal to her, such as playing the victim, lacking empathy, "everything is YOUR fault" and, sense of entitlement, to treat anyone the way she'd like to treat them and for others to eventually give into her mental abuse.

                                                                                           ⚔️⚔️⚔️

"Ayame" Kaede said.
"Your application got declined again." Kaede said underneath her voice as they both sat at the dinner table together.
"What?" Ayame said, nearly choking on her food.
She coughed as Kaede grabbed her phone out of her pocket, sliding it across the table. Eiko's eyes widened as she spit her food out, blocking the phone from entering Ayame's side of the table.
"Ah ah ah..." Eiko said loudly, pushing the phone over to Kaede.
"She is not allowed to use the phone right now." Eiko said.
"Okay mom." Kaede said, putting her phone back into her pocket.
Ayame looked down, directly at her food embarrassed.
"The application denied again, for the third time." Ayame's mind spoke.
"What application are you talking about?" Eiko said faintly, rolling her eyes.
Kaede quickly pulled her phone out, nearly dropping it due to the random question. "You seem a little shooken up. Is everything okay" Eiko said as Kaede denied a response. "Kaede Mayumi." Eiko said with a stern voice.
"What application are you talking about." Eiko said faintly, staring at Kaede with furious eyes.
"An application for my college." Kaede said, forgetting to make an excuse for Ayame, since Ayame basically has no rights to speak for herself.
"You don't have to lie for her or make a cover up." Eiko said sternly.
"Now what is the application about?" Eiko said.
Kaede looked down awkwardly, embarrassed and nervousness consumed her.
"I made an application for her job." Kaede said, lying.
Kaede couldn't and mustn't tell her mother about her and her sisters future plans.
It would ruin everything, tearing them apart.
You could tell Eiko was waiting, getting ready to boil over with steamy hot fumes. "What a shame." Eiko said.
"What jobs are you looking at?" Eiko said, raising an eyebrow.
Ayame looked up, her eyes watery.
"She applied me as a hairdresser." Ayame said in-confidently.
"Odd, you can barely do your hair now. I don't know what makes you think you can." Eiko said, finishing her food.
Ayame's voice cracked with fear.
The palms of her hands were sweaty, and her face was beginning to become hot.
"I will excuse myself for now." Eiko said furiously, getting up from the dinner table, walking away into the living room.
"That was a horrible lie." Ayame whispered.
"It was the only thing I could think of, brush it off." Kaede said.
"Anyways, look at what this says." Kaede looked at Ayame with serious eyes, as she reached her hand into her pocket, pulling out her phone to show Ayame her declined application. Ayame winced, her eyes somewhat dilated.
''Application denied due to incorrect birth date. Must have consent from mother and a father figure.'' The application said in bold letters.
''How will that be possible if I'm adopted. Ayame said in disgust. Kaede quickly put her phone back into her pocket.
''Exactly, no wonder it kept declining.'' Kaede said, ''They must be very strict on who can enter.'' Ayame said, almost casually.
She's been declined so many times, that no shock steadily traced any part of her body. ''Now how are you going to get in? I'm not going by myself, or leaving without you, OR leaving you here with her.'' Kaede said stern.
''You can.'' Ayame said, as Kaede began to consume the rest of her slightly warm soup. ''At least you'll have a future.'' Ayame said faintly, as she looked down at her bowl of soup.
Kaede quickly looked up at her,
''Listen, I'll find a way to get you in there with me. There is no way I'm leaving you.'' Kaede said, with watery eyes, her blue ocean eyes that had strikes of thunder and deep dark clouds surrounding the fierce storm constructing deep within her iris.
Ayame starred at those ocean blue eyes, sadness consumed her, her stomach began to twist and turn, churning for an answer, an answer so great and truthful, it could resolve all of her problems.
Ayame exhaled, letting all of the air she held tightly within them out. Kaede quickly shoved her phone back into her pocket. Ayame's head slid back down above her white glass bowl, looking down at the leftovers of the soup inside of her bowl. Kaede got up quickly, with a bowl in hand. ''Where are you going?'' Ayame said, shutter consumed her voice as she could barely speak due to being baffled.
''I'm going our room.'' Kaede said quietly, opening the fridge, pushing her bowl into the bottom of a closed compartment within the fridge, closing it behind her as she rushed over to Ayame.
''I know I seem crazy, but it's for the better.'' Kaede said.
Kaede quickly rushed out of the kitchen, leaving Ayame alone.
In the living room besides her, Eiko laid, watching T.V, if things could only get worse, she'd assume Eiko would come barging into the Kitchen, telling her to finish her food abruptly, 'Right now.', but that wasn't the case. Ayame sat in the kitchen for minutes. She wasn't even noticed, and her being noticeable wouldn't help because she was too quiet.
Not a single peep came from her, or a creek from the long brown wooden chair she sat on, nor the glass bowl or glass utensil she used to eat that was fairly old.
Not even the floor made a sound as she kicked her feet back and forth as the seconds clocked by.
''Who did not turn the lights off in the kitchen?'' Eiko said calmy, her footsteps heard from the living room as each pat against the floors from her slippers could be heard coming closer to the kitchen. Ayame, sat peacefully.
''What are you still doing in here.'' Eiko said rather calm, calmer than usual.
''Ayame did not turn her head around but decided to speak calmy.
''I'm almost finished mom.'' Ayame said gently, her voice soft and delicate.
Hoping she wouldn't disturb her adoptive mother's peace.
Eiko glared at her, flickering off the lights. ''It's either you do the dishes, or you get out.'' She said faintly, sighing after.
''The kitchen closes in ten minutes so be quick.'' Eiko said, walking off into the distance.
Ayame turned her head back gently, due to the fact she couldn't detect where she'd be standing at as the seconds passed by, she turned her head, facing it to the entrance and exit of the kitchen.
Eiko was in no sight. Ayame sighed, getting up quickly.
She looked around, the lights around the kitchen off, the light red were curtains closed on each window around the house. The television was on, but the volume low. Ayame pushed herself to the sink, staring down at the moist, dirty and smelly sink she should start cleaning.