Chapter 5: Elude (pt2)

The polluted air lingered for hours on end. The dusty clouds above Tokyo scattered from each other, as they rushed towards the way of the hurricane in the distance. Kaede and Ayame sat in the car, bags next to each other in their seats besides them. The moon was luminous, shining bright yellowish light, that beamed down onto Ayame's forehead.
Kaede sat in the driver seat, as her bag took over the seat beside her.
Ayame sat in the back of the small SUV, looking out of the window, to see the weather.
''What's wrong?'' Kaede said, glaring at her in the backseat through the rearview mirror.
''Nothing.'' Ayame said, she was bothered by the fact the air was so polluted, she could barely breath inside the house, she couldn't even breathe inside the car.
Kaede turned on the car, shoving the keys into the lock cylinder.
She turned the ignition key slowly, as the car started up, pulling the car's shift gear into drive.
The car pulled off slowly, into the small old street right outside of their house.
The windshield became foggy quickly, as fog whooshed from the distance, whooshing into her car, covering the windshield, making Kaede unable to see Infront of her as she drove slowly down the street.

                                                                                          *   *   *

''How long will it take for us to get there?'' Ayame groaned.
Her legs ached from the endless hours of Kaede's rough and unskilled driving. ''We're almost there, just go to sleep or something. It's past your bedtime anyways.'' Kaede said faintly.
Ayame rolled her eyes, putting her phone on top of her lap as she turned her head out of Kaede's view, facing the window.
Ayame caught a glance at a small sign a few miles down.
ACADEMY ENTRANCE 6-1.
The sign said in bold red letters, in a ghost letter deluxe font, painted on a big red sign. ''Kaede, over there.'' Ayame said, as she sat up from slouching.
Kaede turned her head for a spit second, turning her head back to check whatever Ayame was talking about.
''What are you looking at?'' Kaede said, looking into the back window Ayame was focused in.
''Entrance 6-1 for the academy.'' Ayame said, juggling her nervousness.
''Thanks for your look out.'' Kaede said softly, as she took a U-Turn into the direction of the 6-1 Entrance.
''How do you think you're going to get me in there?'' Ayame said, clearly second guessing this entire plan.
Kaede quickly snapped, but no anger filled her throat.
''It will be simple, just follow my lead.'' Kaede said.
Ayame cut her off.
''You don't have a plan.'' Ayame said, disappointed.
''If they figure out, I'm with you then I'll have to go home, and Ubers are not cheap for a 2-hour long ride.'' Ayame said, her voice firm and assuring.
''Listen, stop worrying so much.'' Kaede said, parking the car in an empty, deserted looking parking lot.
Ayame's eyes dilated.
''How about we go to the other entrance.'' Ayame said, clenching her bag and phone in hand.
''Kaede rolled her eyes noticeably, opening the car door and turning the car off.
She quickly pulled her car keys out the lock cylinder, pushing them deep inside of her pocket.
Ayame opened her door but rushed around to the side of her car, closing the door before she could get out.
''What are you doing?'' Ayame yelled. ''STAY HERE! AND HIDE DOWN THERE IF ANYONE COMES.'' Kaede yelled pushing her finger up to the window, pointing down at the floor of the car, as Ayame looked at her in complete shock.
''WAIT!'' Ayame yelled, banging her hands against the door, fiddling with the car's handle.
The car was locked from the outside, making it impossible for Ayame to escape. The air outside was cold, cold enough for the car to quickly become cold.
It was also windy, making air possible from each swoosh of wind, blowing its way inside of the car through the small crevice of the slightly opened window.
Ayame watched Kaede run off into the distance, beyond a large gate that protected the buildings within the gate.
The gate was several inches taller than Kaede, and Ayame herself. The walls besides the gates were dark black, with red pillars on each side of the box like walls. There were windows, tones of windows that were perfectly connected to each part of the humongous building.
A large yellow, but dusty bell shifted side to side, as small chimes rang down from above.
The grassy green, once lush grass turned muddy and brown as spots of grass flew into the sky from the strong winds.
The dirt path Kaede ran down, her shoes left muddy visible footprints.
The storm moved closer to the Academy, you could tell due to the gusts of wind, and crackles in the dark gloomy sky.
The thunders only got louder as trees brushed from side to side, as the crackling got louder and louder.
Ran began to pour, each droplet from the unpeaceful mess from above sent loud pellets of rain down, sounding like gun shells falling from the sky down onto the dark grey SUV.