Chapter Two

Fuutarou’s group actively loads all their supplies onto the bus. Hiratsuka says, “Where’s the ammo? I could’ve sworn I left it at the garage.” Raiha says, “Ah, I know where it is! Leave it to me!”

Meanwhile, Fuutarou is examining the bus before they can embark on searching for the others.

Hiratsuka proudly smiles as she watches the Uesugi siblings in progress.

So, how did it all come to this?

The moment before the outbreak spread, Hiratsuka invited the Uesugi siblings to go shopping with her. Everything seemed perfectly fun for the three when the zombies began roaming free.

Surprisingly, Raiha totally stood out as she was the one who led the two older in their fortunate survival. Fuutarou and Hiratsuka didn’t expect the younger one would pull out such a bravery act.

They barricaded themselves in the food court for days. Once the three eventually found the zombies vulnerable towards sunlight, they began exploring the massive mall.

The three then stumbled into a gun shop and immediately stocked enough weapons. They also found an abandoned working school bus outside.

Fuutarou is good at studying and takes his time learning how everything goes. Hiratsuka did her job of supervising the two Uesugi siblings, if ever something happens to them. Meanwhile, Raiha became an unstoppable zombie-killing machine. She’s known for being a cute and innocent little sister, but once everything goes sour, that facade drops.

Thus, this is how all came to be.

Raiha comes back with the ammunition as Fuutarou starts up the engine. He says, “Try not to shoot anything unless it’s a zombie. Got that, Raiha?” Raiha does a salute and says, “Saving the ammo for the undead, big brother!” Fuutarou chuckles and quickly starts driving. He then asks, “Sensei, where’s the next gas station?”

Hiratsuka glances at the map in her hands and replies, “We have to keep driving forward. I’ll tell you where we need to turn.” Fuutarou nods as Raiha takes a nap in the backseat. He says, “Sensei, I think you should get some sleep too.” Hiratsuka smirks and says, “I wonder how the great Fuutarou Uesugi can drive and navigate at the same time.”

Fuutarou blushes when her face leans closer to him. He stutters, “R-right. I’ll just keep driving.”

~~~

Yotsuba wipes her sweat as she asks, “Tanaka-san, where are we now?” She turns around to see Tanaka has passed out on the ground. Yotsuba panics as she rushes towards the unconscious, listless guy. Tanaka whispers, “I don’t think I’ll make it, Yotsuba.” She shakes him off to wake up and exclaims, “Tanaka-san! Tanaka-san! Don’t give up on me yet!”

In particular, the duo has been wandering since dawn as they search for food. Before the outbreak, Yotsuba forced Tanaka to workout in the gym as the fourth quintuplet was still wearing her ridiculously tight gym outfit, while Tanaka wandered shirtless. For a listless person, he has fine-toned abs.

Tanaka slowly gets up and says, “You’re right. I can’t give up just yet.” Yotsuba beams a wide smile and says, “That’s the spirit!” As they proceed, Yotsuba darts at his toned abs and visible muscles. It makes sense for them in their best shape as they’ve been walking endlessly.

Yotsuba blushes and quickly averts her eyes. Tanaka says, “I think there’s a nearby restaurant. We can check for food there.” The fourth quintuplet is still flushing in red and trying to contain herself. She stutters, “Y-yes.” The duo then make their way to the restaurant.

As they head to the restaurant, Yotsuba asks, “Aren’t you cold, Tanaka-san?” The gust of wind hits them as Tanaka replies, “No, not at all. I’m already used to the cold. Why? Is it too stimulating for you?” Yotsuba blushes, “N-no. It’s not like that! I was just wondering.” Tanaka tries to curl a smirk, but still deadpan as usual. He says, “I’m glad you’re worried about me. How about you? Aren’t you cold, too?” Yotsuba shakes her head in response, still flushed in red. Tanaka then says, “We’re here.”

Tanaka opens the door when suddenly a zombie collapses under him. Yotsuba shrieks as Tanaka dodges the bite while being on the floor. She quickly grabs a weapon and whacks the zombie off him. Tanaka gets on his feet and dismantles the undead. Yotsuba sighs in relief, then quickly checks on Tanaka.

She didn’t even hesitate to put her hands all over him, which surprised Tanaka. Yotsuba asks, “Did he bite you? Do I have to kill you?” Tanaka gives her a pat on the head and replies, “I’m perfectly fine. Come on, let’s find ourselves some food. I’m hungry.”

~~~

Oreki returns to his small tent as he’s carrying a pack of necessities in a bag. He moves near Miku, who’s lying down unconscious. He checks her wrist to feel her pulse as he sighs in relief. Oreki then gently puts a wet towel on her forehead.

Oreki whispers, “Please wake up soon.” Miku is still quiet, as he can only sigh. For the past few days, Miku hasn’t budged at all or responded. She’s been unconscious because of some unknown cause. It made Oreki even tense if she’d make it or not. All he could do was stay by her side.

They’ve been dating for so long now. None of the Quintuplets or the boys knew about their intimate relationship. Oreki finishes his dinner and lies next to his girlfriend. He falls asleep.

To be continued