Ch. 5 : Dont touch Nee-san.

Mao Mao's POV.

'No, no, no, no... 'I thought as I speed walk towards somewhere.

"Nee-san! Please look forward! " Hao Mao shouts, but left ignored by me.

'No, if I keep a low profile, it shouldn't matter where i-' it thought, "oh, Mao Mao, Hao Mao! " I heard our names being called.

"Welcome back, you two, how was it? ", " sorry! But we need to do something first! We'll see you later! " Shout Hao Mao from behind me.

___

Hao Mao's POV.

"Hmm... It's night time now... How beautiful.. " I said in a low voice, before a shiver went down my spine.

"Who's there? " I asked as I turn around to the wall, I look up and saw a lady, standing on top of the wall, with long black hair as it shines with the moon lights.

Although, her clothes are all white, why?

Then the lady fall forwards to the outside of the wall, to the river if I'm not wrong.

My eyes widen, am I hallucinating? Maybe...

I shook my head then start walking back to my place.

___

I was helping Nee-san with some medicine.

"Mao Mao, Hao Mao, what are you making? ", " it's a cold remedy! " I told the other lady-in-waiting.

"Wow, you guys can make those too? " asked the other lady-in-waiting.

"Nee-san... You put the wrong one-", " huh? Really?? ".

" yes... You put **** , not ***... ", " oh, my bad, hehe".

I grab the right ingredients, then hands it to Nee-san.

"Hey, are you sure you guys don't need anything? " asked the lady-in-waiting while shaking me.

"Y-yeah.. We're fine! ", and then bla bla bla..

" by the way, did you hear the new rumor everyone's talking about? " asked the lady-in-waiting.

"What rumor? ", " no" me and Nee-san said at the same time.

"They say there's a spirit hauting the rear palace" I shivered at the word 'spirit'.

"Hao Mao... It's fine, that won't happen again.. "Nee-san said as she pat my shoulder.

" y-yeah.. "I stuttered as I look down.

" Nee-san... I saw a lady in white, is it who I think it is..? ", "no, there's no way she is hauting this place.. Maybe you're just hallucinating. ".

" hm... Can be.. "I said as worried fills my tone.

" look at me, Hao Mao" Nee-san said as she put her hands to my shoulders, turning me to her.

"That won't happen again, okay? " Nee-san said as she tried to comfort me.

"Y-yeah.. " I stuttered as I look down from Nee-san's stares.

___

"It's so cool that you guys get to serve a high-ranking concubine.".

" ugh, I really didn't want to", "ahh.. Thank you".

Then I heard girls awful voice, I look over to see Jinshi.

He laughed but that only makes the other girls flustered.

" apothecary. Are you two ready to move? "Asked Jinshi as he look towards us.

" yes, we are on our way to the Jade Pavilion soon", "did you need something? " asked Nee-san.

"No, nothing", 'ugh, then you're wasting our time! 'I thought as I stared at him.

" huh? " said Nee-san confused as she raised both eyebrows, I look to the girls behind Jinshi.

'Tch... How dare you furrowed your eye brows to my Nee-san? 'I thought as I glared at the girls silently.

Then Jinshi walk closer to Nee-san, 'I swear to God... If he.. 'I thought as I stare at him with empty eyes.

He raised his hand then slides his hand to Nee-san's bangs.

I quickly look at where his hand is, I swear if he isn't someone so high, I'll bite him already.

"Be sure to serve concubine Gyokuyou well" he said as he shines with sparkles around him, my eye twitch at him, he did not just touch my sister, but seduce her too? Nah uh.

Nee-san loading a bit, then shivered after knowing what he just did.

"Ahaha, Excuse us" I said as I quickly drag Nee-san away from that man.

"Ew, gross.. " muttered Nee-san as she walks tiredly beside me.

"Agreed! Actually, how old is he? He looks kinda old to me! " I said as I look at Nee-san then blinks, making her giggled.

(Yup! Another chapter! 😋, like I've not posted for like days👁👄👁, so here you go! Thank you for 1.8k views! Love you all!)