7

The next week...

"Kimmy your dad wants you to come over this weekend."

"Umm. I was going to go to the movies with Sam I would just reschedule for next week but she's um.... uh going to her grandma's... I will next week for sure!" Kimmy said.

"Why can't you just go to the movies Sunday afternoon and catch the late showing?" Olivia pushed. Kimmy had been avoiding Elliot all week.

"School Monday..." Kimmy said quickly. "Plus I'm going to church."

"Okay Kimmy why are you avoiding your dad you canceled lunch all week you don't text him back. and you are always busy when he calls or stop by."

"I'm not avoiding him I'm just

.. he's picking bad times."

"Kimberly." Kimmy knew Olivia was serious she only used her full name when it was beyond serious.

"I don't want to be the reason he gets a divorce and if I keep spending time with him it will happen."

"Did Kathy tell you that?" Olivia asked.

"No I heard her and dad arguing the night you picked me up. She said 'you spend more tome with that sluts kid then your town's she don't want me there.'

"Kimmy. You wont be the reason they get divorced... Kathy is just....Kathy. she just don't like the fact that your not hers but your his. she can't share.."

"I still don't want to make her uncomfortable by me seeing him or staying there. she had him first I can't just force my way in."

"You have every right your his daughter to Kimmy she just needs to be the adult about it."

"I can't do that." Kimmy said walking to her room.

Olivia picked up her phone texting Elliot to come over asap. An hour later Kimmy was still in her room and Elliot just arrived.

"Hey is everything okay are you and Kimmy okay?" he asked walking in.

"You need to talk to Kimmy she thinks of she talks or spends time with you she will cause a divorce between you and Kathy."

"Her room?" he asked Liv just nodded. He opened the door to see Kimmy curled up in bed sniffling.

"Not now mom."Kimmy said.

"Last time I checked I am Not a woman."Elliot said. Kimmy chuckled under her breath.

"Why are you here?" Kimmy asked.

"To see my daughter who I haven't seen in 7 days... do I smell?" Elliot asked sniffing his shirt.

"No" Kimmy laughed. Elliot pulled her up to sit up and hugged her."What's going on kimbo."

"I'm sure mom told you."

"She gave me a brief"

"Then what can I say she dad. she had you first. I can't just barge in.

"Kim I'm your father and I'm gonna be there from now on but if you push me away that's gonna be hard. don't worry bout Kathy okay? she's just trying yo process all this. You will not and never will be the reason I get a divorce understand?"

Kimmy just nodded holding Elliot tighter.