Stingwingers?

Warning sirens blared throughout the space station as another volley of explosions rocked the structure. Everyone present struggled to stay on their feet, "Can we raise the shields at least." Charlie asked.

"This isn't Star Trek Charlie," Sky snapped in response, "this is a galactic police station, it's not designed for combat."

"Tell that to whatever's shooting at us," Bridge groaned, "I think it's morphin time.", "I'm liking you more with each passing minute Carson," Charlie grinned.

The explosions suddenly stopped but the strange craft was still looming ominously overhead. Noire looked closely at her monitor, "Something's opening on that thing," she shuffled backwards, "I think it's going to fire again."

Everyone braced for impact, but nothing happened apart from a few gentle rattles on the dome that sounded almost like rain, "Well, that was an anticlimax," Sky slowly relaxed and stood up straight. His relief as short lived as a different alarm started blaring, "What now?" he groaned.

"It's the intruder alarm," Andros frowned, "but that's not possible, I haven't seen anything leave that ship."

Something caught Charlie's eye, a ventilation grate nearby started rattling and several small brown objects, no bigger than marbles, tumbled out. With a flash the marbles broke and a dozen creatures burst into the room. They were predominately black with orange and yellow blots all over. In one hand was a stinger and in the other, a small blinking orb. Charlie's eyes widened and she grabbed the two people nearest to her, Noire and Andros, "Get down," she cried.

The few of the creatures threw their orbs which exploded on impact with anything solid, be it metal or organic. Four or five powerful blasts shook the dome and bodies flew everywhere. Consoles sparked, debris flew everywhere and the base was soon filling with smoke. Charlie hung her head for a few second before snapping her head towards the attacking grunts. With a barely human snarl, and a flash of bright light, she fired several rounds from her blaster, each one finding its target. Her attack seemed to stir Jack into action, he used his new powers to good use, almost decapitating two of the monsters with a stiff clothesline attack. Close behind him was Bridge, dropping two more with a combination of kicks and punches. Sky kicked some grunt to the ground, finishing off the last couple with a series of blasts.

As the grunts fell silent, the few survivors and Rangers took a moment to look at each other. The adrenaline was fading and Charlie could feel her hand shaking, "Situation report," she said shakily but no one replied, "someone, situation report," she repeated with a little more conviction.

Noire jogged over to the nearest console, "That can't be right," she smacked the keys a little harder, "the computer is only registering six lifesigns." Jack's eyes quickly scanned the room, that was everyone in the room, "but this base had over a thousand people."

"My God," Andros rubbed his head, "what could've done this?"

Kat quickly moved over to the console with Noire " The systems are being jammed that's what's wrong"

The rangers made their way down the corridor, with Jack and Sky leading the way. An unearthly shriek bounced off the narrow walls, "That sounds close," Bridge said, stumbling over her words.

"We're not far away," Charlie began, "let's end this invasion."

There was a long uncomfortable silence before Sky pointed down the corridor, "The zords," he stated blankly and led the way towards the docking area.

Less than a minute later the Rangers fired up the zords and slowly manoeuvred it away, the zord was rocked by a shockwave, forcing Charlie to take evasive action, "Are we under attack?" she called into the coms.

"Yep" Came a response from Jack, the Zords flew towards each other

" Ok let's form up " sky said hitting a button, instead of forming a megazord they chose to form the gun mode instead, before the enemy ships could respond the Rangers charged up and fired a laser blast destroying the ship and saving the base.

" Well that happened" Charlie said.