Brass Meeting

Two days after the death of Divatox, the fire squad had made it back the SPD supreme base. Upon arrival at headquarters, Sky had met with Kat personally and gave his report detailing both their last mission and the new development concerning Trakena. Kat would then give this intelligence to the analysts before confirming anything with Commander Andros.

Charlie couldn't help but find the whole situation amusing in a darkly comic sort of way. Ever since she first started working for SPD again, she had seen secretaries, and directors come and go through their sphere of operations, but she herself was still here. Hell, herself, Jack, Bridge and Sky were the true "old guard" of the SPD.

But the funny part wasn't the natural process of bureaucracy, but the fact that if the intel Divatox gave up confirmed Trakena was possibly indeed active, this was the worst fucking time to shift to an entirely new administration. All this would do is give Any villain a weakness to exploit; it's not like Mike Corbett was planning on resigning his role as General Secretary anytime soon, so Trakena could operate while the organisation was still in its transition phase.

All these years after Grumm's invasion, and Charlie still felt like she was fighting an impossible war. Only this time she was in some stuffy little conference room inside the Supreme Base rather than knee-deep in some fucking swamp.

Kat took three days to compile all the intel she would present as part of the Supreme Commander's brief. A bit longer than Charlie was expecting, but Dr Kat Manx was meticulous about these sort of things and liked to be precise. Charlie could tease her for being some perfectionist schoolgirl, but out of respect for Kat she kept her mouth shut.

In this room with her at present were Jack and Bridge, all of whom were looking through the briefs to stay informed (except for Bridge who looked to be skimming the pages of the dossier before him). Charlie had already read the briefing, she just didn't bother reading it again because everything she knew about Trakena was marked in ink on the papers before her.

Trakena.

That name hadn't been heard for the past thirteen years. The door to the conference room was opened by one of the guards standing at the door, and in stepped Sky and Kat in hushed discussion, and following behind them was Director Doggie Cruger and Secretary of Defense Carter Greyson.

"We'll discuss this later," Kat had spoken to Sky in a stern tone before the latter nodded. Kenzie had an idea of what they might be talking about.

"Gentlemen and Lady," Kat addressed the Rangers sitting at the table, and all at once Bridge stood up alongside Jack and Charlie.

"At ease, Rangers," Carter raised a hand bidding they sit down, and they obliged. Soon afterward both Carter and Doggie took seats opposite each other towards the far end of the table. Kat did not sit down but stood at the very end of the table by the projector reel she had prepared.

Sky took a seat opposite of Bridge, Jack and Charlie. He pulled a cigarette out from a pack and lit it, relaxing back in his chair.

"The Supreme Commander will be arriving shortly," Carter said, "Dr Manx, would you care to begin?"

"Yes, sir," Kat responded, "If you could all direct your attention to the screen, here..."

Kat pulled down a white sheet from the wall where the film would be projected before turning the projector on. After turning off the lights to the room, she began the film with footage dating back to the Trakena's invasion

"1999" began, "Detailed information from the Lost Galaxy Rangers, Trakena was the primary villain. The extent of this intel was never confirmed, but is suspected to have been linked to the death of Zordon."