Attacked

As bullets ricocheted above Jack's head, he finally remembered why it was a bad idea to listen to Charlie.

Fire Squad had cleared out the Stingwingers and pushed back the empire forcing the empire to retreat for now. But Quantrons lead by Elgar had shown up. And Bridge would do better to focus on the Quantrons shooting at him rather than on blaming his teammate. Priorities. Bridge had them, even if Charlie didn't.

Anyway.

Another bullet ricocheted off the hallway wall; Jack fired back blind, barely even feeling the recoil. " What's the plan?" Charlie asked.

Sky raised his hands into the air, Delta blaster dangling by the trigger guard on his fingertip"

"Now, now, fellas," he called during a lull in the gunfire. Tone jovial, casual, nonchalant, he said: "Why don't we cool our heads a minute, see if we can work this out?"

The gunfire stopped.

There followed a pause.

Cautiously, Jack peeked out.

The Quantrons spotted him, yelped, and opened fire.

Jack jerked back down with a grumble. "Guess they're not really the talking sort."

Charlie decided to end this fight and lobbed a grenade out into the hall. The explosion finished off the minions.

Sky, Charlie and Jack paused, Bridge turned around, at the end of the hall was a figure, armours, with a sorta cone shaped head, he had a sword made from playing cards.

Elgar.

Fucking great.

" That's all we need," Sky muttered, and as if summoned by his words Elgar launched an attack like a solar flare, Blinding the Rangers. The Rangers shielded their eyes with one hand, that's when Charlie saw movement.

Charlie struck.

The Rangers raised their blasters, training it on Elgar in a motion born as much from training as from instinct. They squeezed the trigger in that same glide and pull of practiced muscle, blaster fire erupted, blasting Down he hall, Elgar used his eyes beams to cause an explosion allowing him to retreat. Where did he go? The ranger's survival instinct did what their conscious brains could not, and turned their bodies to face their newest threat.

An empty hallway.