just a friend Kai Cenat

you got what I need

but you say I'm just a friend

"Kai," I scream, pushing him off of me

"Kai," I scream, pushing him off of me. This whole opening he's been getting too close to me, finding ways to touch me, and saying things that he would never normally say to me. I don't mind the flirting, but it's weird coming from Kai because of our friendship dynamic.

I've known Kai for years, before the fame and the streams. We went to high school together and were best friends since junior year. We've never been romantically involved because it seemed like we were made to be friends instead of lovers. Making that decision broke my heart because I was secretly feeling him, but I internalized it and now I'm fine. He's a little thot anyways.

"What's with you today," I ask him, pushing him to the ground and grabbing another box to open. People send the both of us stuff simply because I'm always with him. Kai hired me as his assistant but honestly, I'm with him way more than an average assistant should be. I glance at the chat and see a couple comments saying that Kai is pranking me.

So that's what all the touching is about.

I smirk to myself and take out the letter, handing it to Kai, who touches my hand as it comes near his. I roll my eyes as he reads the letter, thinking of ways to turn this around on him. After he finishes, I hand him the box and he pulls out two baskets whole bunch of snacks, one with his name and one with mine.

"We hit the fucking jackpot Chat," Kai yells, grabbing the purple Doritos. I grab my basket and pull out the hot chip challenge and smirk at Kai. This is the perfect opportunity to get him back.

"Let's do it," I plead and Kai looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Y/n, you're joking," he responds, shaking his head and going through the rest of his basket.

"Come onnnn," I say, touching his arm and pulling his chair closer to mine. I giggle at how easy it moved. "Pleaseeee."

"Fine," he says, and I clap my hands in victory. We both open the box and hold the chips in our hands. "Cheers!"

We hit the chips together and as Kai takes a bite I slip mine in my pocket, pretending to chew. I shush the crowd before slipping a purple dorito in my mouth to make it look like I actually ate the chip. Kai begins to kick his legs out, not being able to take the heat.

He runs to grab some water and I throw the chip in the trash can, swallowing the one I'm eating. "He's pussy yall."

"Nigga," I hear him say. His mouth is completely red and his eyes are watering. I giggle before standing up and grabbing a paper towel to wipe his eyes and mouth. He stares down at me as I do, and licks his lips. I know it's probably because of the heat of the chip, but it looked so sexy seeing him do that while holding eye contact with me.

He places his hand on my lower back, edging closer to me. I move away, trying to throw away the paper towel but Kai pulls me back, grabbing my chin to make me look up at him. His head leans in closer and closer to mine, and the tension is so thick you could cut it with a light saber. My breath hitches and I can feel his heart beating quickly.

"Kai we can't," I tell him, moving him out my way. At this point, I'm not sure if he's still pranking me or not. I go into the bathroom, to hide my flushed cheeks and to clean up the wetness I'm sure is in my underwear because of the sexual tension- that could have just been me. I stare in the mirror and try to digest what just happened. It had to be a prank, Kai wouldn't do that on stream. Right? But then again, he's Kai. He does shit without thinking most of the time. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

I step out of the bathroom, seeing Kai talking to the chat. I can't really hear what he's saying, but as I come closer he lowers his voice to a whisper.

"I think I should head home, it's getting late and I have to tend to my dogs," I state and Kai turns around quickly. He pouts in my direction before grabbing my arm and pulling me off camera.

"Stay," he says, placing his hand in the same place and moving his other hand to lift my chin. "It'll only be another hour."

"Kai-"

"I'm sorry okay. I know it's probably awkward now because of that and I'm sorry, ma," he states, releasing me. I still stare up at him. "It was supposed to be a prank, but I felt something, Y/n. It was taking everything in me not to kiss you."

"Kai, we're friends, nothing more. That's the rule-"

"Fuck that stupid rule, Y/n. It's exhausting being around you all the time knowing that we ain't together the way that I want to be. Please just don't leave on this note, knowing you you'll ghost me for a while and my heart can't take that."

"I get that Kai, but we're friends. That's all we're meant to be and it's all we're going to be," I say and I watch his heart shatter right in front of me. I want to say I'll be with him. I want to tell him I want him back. I want to hold him, and kiss him in this very moment. But I don't. All Kai does is have sex with females and honestly it's all he talks about. He's a genuine person, but I'm not taking the risk of him cheating on me. I just can't lose a friend. "Just friends."

"Not anymore," he says and I raise an eyebrow. "You can leave. We ain't friends and we ain't nothing. You work for me and that's the just of it Ight? Go home, I expect you here cleaning at 5 am sharp."

"Kai please-"

"Nah," he responds, pushing his way passed me. "Leave."

"Fine," I say, heading to the door. "Oh and Kai. I quit!"