𝑨𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒀𝒐𝒖- ja morant (2)

ᴡʜᴏ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴅ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ?

ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ

It's been six months and I'd be lying if I said that he doesn't cross my mind every day. It's like ever since that night, he's everywhere. His games pop up on every television when I go out with friends, his face and name all over my instagram and TikTok. Hell, even my brother is obsessed with him.

No one knows who he is besides my best friend and sister. The shade room posted us but after no response from either of us for 6 months, the hype has died down. Thank God. I couldn't live another day having my name next to his.

The good news is, I'll get to escape all that the next two weeks. My sister is getting married in the Bahamas, so I'll escape the American bullshit for now. She getting married to an NBA player, which is crazy. But Jaren is nice and he completes her. Plus, I can't hold every man accountable for one man's actions. Not all ball players are hoes, Kobe? Lebron? There's good guys out there.

"You got everything," Imani asks me, as we get out of the Uber.

"A little too late to ask that question," I reply as more cars pull up to the secluded spot in the airport where private jets belong.

"Jaren should be here by now," she says, tapping her foot nervously. Stacy and her new boyfriend, Devin get out a car and she instantly smiles and waves in our direction. She runs to me, leaving Devin to grab all their luggage.

"Bitch, these braids eat," she says, hugging me tight. "When did you dye it?!"

"Last week. I needed a change you know," I smile and run my fingers through my ginger goddess braids.

"You look like a goddess," she replies, spinning me around. She's my hype woman, ride or die and has a matching mental illness. She's my soulmate in bestie form.