29 - Falling For U

•JHSC Medical Center•

"What happened, Miss Park?" Seungcheol asked. He was kinda worried when Joshua told him that Jeonghan's therapist wanted to talk to him, alone. He couldn't understand what must have gone wrong because Jeonghan was right in front of his eyes everyday and he was doing fine.

"Calm down Mr. Choi." Jihyo chuckled, "I don't have any bad news for you but yeah I need to talk to you over a serious topic."

"Is Jeonghan alright?" Seungcheol still asked.

"He is." Jihyo nodded, "What if he never recalls his past, Mr. Choi?"

"What?"

"You love him right? Your team is his past fellows. How will you feel if he never sees you as your past friends and only a blessing he got in the present?" Jihyo stated.

"Honestly, we're pretty close in the present too so yeah we may feel bad but it won't be that serious." Seungcheol mumbled, "But it won't be fair to his family. His parents and brother are still waiting for him and they've no contact with him in the present.

Jeonghan's family is my very own family. I've promised them to bring them their son back. I've to think about them too."

"I understand your point Mr. Choi." Jihyo nodded.

"What's wrong, Miss Park? Why are you suddenly asking me this question?"

"I'll explain." Jihyo took a deep breath, "Since the day you all saved him from the mob, his focus on his past has decreased drastically. During therapy sessions, he rarely talks about his worries of the past. He rather talks about the 12 people he is always surrounded with.

As his therapist, I'm counting it as a progress. Don't mind me but his past can never heal him, his present can. That's why I don't want to force him to recall his past and risk his life eventually."

"Which means he-"

"No I'm not saying he can never recall his past but I can't guarantee you either." Jihyo paused, "Mr. Choi, he's very happy with his present. After six years, he has finally started to heal his heart.

For the first time, he has talked to me about how he loves going out with you although he slipped it subtly in the conversation, not to make it obvious but I'm his therapist, I understood it.

For the first time, he asked me to explain about the feeling of liking someone. He wasn't insecure about himself, he was confident. And it is all a progress which was possible because of you guys. I hope you're getting my point. He's trying to move on because it's you, please help him heal."

"I do." Seungcheol nodded.

"As a matter of fact, even if you tell him the truth, he won't recall anything. Honestly, we can't just mess with his brain. It's a huge risk."

"What if we tell him the truth and assure him that he doesn't need to recall anything? We can just tell him who are we, who are his parents and ask him to just accept it in the present and not think about his past?" Seungcheol leaned in, "We can recite him everything like a story."

"You can. But the problem arises at the point where we don't know if he'll take this story as a fairytale or a nightmare." Jihyo stated, "You can try to convince him but no one can guarantee his reaction. That's where the risk lies, Mr. Choi."

Seungcheol looked down, not knowing what to say.

"Before I ask this question to Jeonghan, I want to ask this question to you, Mr. Choi because I think you can make the best decision here." Jihyo took a deep breath, "It's high time to choose between the past and present while letting one of them go."