11

Sourav was woken up by somebody slapping him repeatedly in the face. He groaned and tried to turn away.

"What?" he grumbled, trying to push the hands away.

"Wake up. It's already ten," it was Sachin. Sourav opened his eyes open and squinted. When the hell had he come? He rubbed his eyes and sat up.

Sachin was on the other side of the bed, leaning over Rahul to slap Sourav. His other hand was in Rahul's hair, massaging his scalp. Sourav frowned at it halfheartedly and slapped it.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from my brother?"

Sachin was unbothered and went right back to massaging his head.

"Anyway, weren't you mad at him literally yesterday? And the day before that? Heck, everday since 2005?" Sourav asked, getting up and stretching.

Sachin sighed, "Yeah. I still am. But."

"But what?"

"I can't believe this happened to him," Sachin sounded dismayed, carefully touching Rahul's swollen jaw, "I can't believe anybody would do this to him. He is- He is Rahul. I can't even be mad when he looks like this,".

Sourav turned and stared at his brother. Rahul looked peaceful, despite his ruined face. Unburdened. Again he was reminded of the little boy he had accepted as his brother all those years ago. Sachin was right, it was hard to stay mad at him, even though he deserved it. Maybe later, he told himself. Maybe later he would be super mad at Rahul. Just after he recovered from the concussion. And the cracked jaw. And the bruised kidney. And the broken ribs. God that was a long list without even counting the numeous bruises all over his body.

"We need to wake him up for his meds," Sachin said sorrowfully staring down at the face he had fallen so in love with, though Rahul had left him heartbroken.

"Is that why you woke me up?" Sourav asked jokingly then realized, "It is why you woke me up. So you didn't have to. You are such a bitch Sachin Tendulkar!".

Sachin avoided his gaze, still petting Rahul. Without even realizing, he had leaned down to press a kiss on the head of the sleeping man.

Sickeningly sweet in Sourav's opinion.

Sourav threw a cushion at his face, "Get away from my brother!" he snapped before making his way to the bathroom to freshen up. Sachin was such a pain in the ass to deal with. Though he got why Sachin didn't want to. Even he didn't want to wake Rahul up. They should be very very angry at him but in his current condition he looked far too... fragile. He groaned and brushed his teeth as slowly as he could. Why couldn't things be a little less complicated?