19

It took a long time for Rahul to find himself alone enough to do what he had come to the hospital to do. Anil hadn't come this time, so it was just marginally easier. Sourav had to leave to look after some formalities and Sachin had just slipped out for a cup of coffee. Seeing his window, he had called the nurse to pause his drip, saying he wanted to go to the washroom.

However it wasn't the washroom where he intended to go. With details he had procured from their management, he intended to go pay somebody a very much needed visit. It took a lot of effort for him to walk all the way to the other section of rooms. Apparently, his sugar levels, combined with the jagged cut on his thigh had taken a toll on him. But it wasn't enough to stop him from making that trip, praying all the way that nobody chances upon him.

He reached the desired room uninterrupted and took a deep breath. Straightening his shoulders and holding his head high. Performance was the key to success in this little mission of his, and he needed to look confident. And then he swung the door open and stepped inside.

The man he had been seeking turned towards the door, hearing it open. He looked terrible, there were bandages all over his face, both his eyes were blackened and swollen. One of his hands had a constant tremble. Despite himself, Rahul couldn't help but feel a vindictive satisfaction at the sorry state of the man infront of him. Maybe he didn't look much better himself but it was gratifying to see the man who had caused him so much pain, finally in some pain himself.

The thin smile that he gave, came on his face naturally.

"Hello Greg,".

.

.

.

Sachin was pretty done with hospitals in their second visit only. It was somehow more exhausting than a full pratice session. Something about the sterile whites made his soul weigh heavily inside him. So sometime when they put Rahul on an IV to help his rather low blood sugar, Sachin slipped out of the monotony of the room and begin roaming the place absent mindedly, trying to work off the anxious energy beneath his skin. 

Somehow or the other, while trying to find his way back to their room as he passed by the other VIP rooms; he heard a familiar faint voice coming from one of the rooms.

"-This is it Greg. Hopefully we never see each other again, we won't need a reason to. However if you do give me a reason, know that I will not hold back anything this time,".

Sachin ducked out of view as the door swung open and Rahul stepped out. His posture and his walk was completely strong for the second he stepped out. And then as soon as the door swung shut, he staggered and leaned against the wall for support, breathing heavily. Sachin watched transfixed, unable to move from his spot as Rahul inched his way down the corridoor. What the fuck had he just heard?