20

Sachin did not act on impulse as he usually did. There needed to be a better way to deal with this than just going and demanding answers. Because he knew Rahul as well as he knew himself. Rahul would never ever answer that way. He made up his mind quickly and rushed to the man's side.

"What are you doing out here?" he didn't have to fake the concern in his voice. Rahul was pretty much dragging himself along, panting with exertion. According to the doctor, Rahul's symptoms were matching those of anemia though the bloodwork didn't show it. The other explanation was bloodloss but Rahul hadn't lost anymore blood after that first day. In the end, after a private conversation with Rahul, she attributed it to too much stress on the mind.

Rahul startled, having not seen him coming, "Sach- uh-I-" he stuttered to a halt, caught off guard.

Sachin tutted and ducked beneath his arm, wrapping an arm around his waist securely to take as much of his weight as he could, "What the hell are you doing all the way here?" he cast a very pointed glance towards Chappel's room.

Rahul caught his look and ducked his head instinctively, "Just- wanted some coffee-" he tried, his breathing speeding up a little bit more.

"You aren't supposed to have coffee right now, you know that very well," Sachin snapped, "Tell me honestly, why were you here?" this time he pointedly stared at Chappel's door.

"It's-It's not what you think" Rahul protested weakly, trying to escape his hold, nevermind how hard it was for him to keep standing. Sachin held on tightly.

"Then what is it Rahul? Why are you here near HIS door?"

Rahul floundered for an answer, panicking as he tried to come up with an explanation that wouldn't instantly expose him entirely. He had had one explanation prepared, when he had planned this meeting. Just the physical exhaustion was making it really hard to remember what his plan was. He tried harder to remember what he was supposed to say. There were going to be too many questions otherwise, questions he had no answers for. They already hated him enough.

"Rahul," Sachin was shaking him lightly, rubbing his hands. He had been standing just a second ago, but now he was on the floor, Sachin hovering above him, "Rahul BREATH!" Sachin exclaimed slapping him lightly.

A sharp pain rose instantly in his jaw at the slap making him gasp and suck in some air. And then he sucked some more in greedily as his lungs burned angrily, showing their disapproval for their neglect. He had forgotten to breath, he realized, choking a little on his saliva.

"Easy, easy," Sachin's voice was soft beside his ear, a hand rubbing his back gently as he was held carefully in his arms. Rahul slumped into them shamelessly, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

As soon as Rahul's breath stabilized, Sachin drew a little away, peering into the sweaty pale face. He hated how lost for answers he was, and how helpless he felt at the moment. He needed answers from Rahul, but even the most non-threatening approach he had tried had resulted in this bad a panic attack. What the hell could he do here. He pulled out his hanky and dabbed the sweat away from Rahul's face.

Rahul looked at him, hesitantly trying to explain, "Sachin woh. I- I wanted- n-not wanted but-"

His breathing was picking up again so Sachin shushed him, "We will talk about this later," he whispered before pulling the taller man to his feet.

Rahul was forced to lean heavily on him, unable to keep himself up. After a few moments of struggle, Sachin just picked him up, ignoring Rahul's protesting "I can walk!"

"Shut up, I am not walking like a three legged man all that distance. This is easier," he admonished, taking off in a much better pace now that he wasn't being disbalanced trying to make him walk.

Rahul went furiously red but was forced to endure the entire trip, cursing the failings of his own body. Today had been a terrible day but atleast he had wrapped up all work for now. He let out a shaky breath, giving in and resting his head on Sachin's shoulder. Very soon, this comfort of having his beloved people around would go away for good. And though it was going to bring him peace, he greedily soaked in all he could. It had been a terrible day, but it had had a lot of silver linings.