3

One moment Sourav was standing, watching his brother crumple. Next moment he had thrown himself at the asshole who had dared to cause Rahul that harm.

"How dare you?!" he screamed landing punch after punch. It did not matter to him that his hair was being yanked as Chappel tried to throw him off. Something hard hit him on the forehead, causing him to stumble back. But as soon as he regained his bearings, he leapt headfirst again, unfeeling of the pain that Chappel was trying to return. At some point Chappel fell. Sourav didn't care. He kept hitting. How dare he? How dare he?

Hands were trying to stop him. But Sourav wouldn't. Sourav couldn't. Despite everything Rahul had done, Rahul was his brother. His brother. And this asshole had dared to touch him. Dared to lay a hand on him. Sourav was going to kill him.

 Strong arms wrapped around his chest, pulling him away, though Sourav screamed to be let go.

"Let me go! I will fucking kill him! I will fucking kill him!" he screamed fighting against the arms.

"Sourav. Sourav calm down. Calm down. You have done enough," it was Anil, trying to sooth him at the same time as holding him back. Sourav struggled still. His mind was spinning, raging like a tornado inside his skull.

"No. No, I am going to kill him. How dare he? How dare he?" he growled, fighting against the grip. The hot rod like feeling in his chest not letting him breath properly.

Anil shook him, turning him around to face him, "Rahul, Sourav. Think about Rahul. You need to help him first. You need to help your brother,".

Sourav's head stopped spinning a little at that. Rahul. His JamJam. His brother. His younger brother. He had stopped moving. He turned his head searching for him. Rahul was not unconscious, but what he was couldn't be called conscious either. He had backed himself into a corner, flinching away from Sachin who was trying to get him away from the sharp corners of the dresser and the almirah. He was shaking violently and his head kept sliding against the wall involunteerily. Sourav could see why Sachin was trying to get him away from sharp corners.

"Jammy, it's me. Sachin. I'm not going to hurt you, please just get away from there sweetheart," he was saying, hand reaching out but unable to touch because everytime he got close, Rahul would flinch violently, dangerously close to hitting his head and shiver harder, deliriously mumble harder.

Sourav got himself out of Anil's arms, stumbling over to his brother. Rahul flinched again at the sudden movement. Now that Sourav was closer, he could hear what he was mumbling.

"Not today, please. Please don't do it today. Please. Not today,".

"Rahul?" he called softly, taking Sachin's place. Rahul couldn't hear him though. He just kept shaking and trying to back off further from him.

"Sach catch him from behind. Don't let him hit his head," Sourav instructed. He drew his hands to himself for a minute. Watching as Rahul tracked the movement, hyperaware but somehow still not there. Then without a warning he tugged his brother with all his strength towards himself. Sachin instantly got behind him, preventing him from backing away.

Rahul thrashed with everything he had, eyes blown in panic as he tried to get away from them both, limbs flailing all over the place. Sachin firmly held his arms from behind while Sourav caught his legs, holding them to the ground with his knee so he doesn't kick. That only seemed to make his brother panic harder, he was struggling to breath, banging his head against Sachin's chest trying to get free of them.

"Jammy," Sourav caught his face and made him look at him, "JamJam it's me. Sourav. Dada," Rahul was frozen, staring at him, eyes wide. Involunteerily, Sourav leaned over and kissed his sweaty bangs, "It's me Jammy,".

It took an awful long time for recognition to surface in Rahul's eyes, a lot of reassurances that it was them. Sachin and Sourav. And they were not going to hurt him. They had to repeat it god knows how many times before they finally heard it. Something that nearly made them collapse in relief.

"Dada?"