Chapter 1

Charlie

I'm a romantic girl. Small town vibes. I wear flowery dresses and illustrate underwear. A total of three serious boyfriends in my twenty-two years of life. I've never done casual. I mean, come on, I'm an overthinker. I don't really have the stomach to do it.

I want to marry someday, have kids, a beautiful house with a fireplace and a dog. I want it all. And I want to live one of those love stories that you only see in movies or read in books. I want passion, care, adventure, fun and wildness.

However, I look at my bed and I see this guy snoring (like really snoring) and I don't really know how I got here.

I mean, of course I know it. He gave me his line for a few weeks and he's the cutest doctor (according to all the woman at the hospital) and also, I hadn't sex for a while.

And a while means more than a year.

So yeah... I need the sex, so I brought Dr. Fierman home.

But now that the job is done, I just want him gone. I need to sleep; I have a shift in a few hours. And he fell asleep in my bed.

My bed. My comfort zone.

I fell for his line on purpose. He's a manwhore and I know it. I mean, everybody in the hospital knows it.

But my last relationship ended a year ago. So I thought, why not?

I needed the sex. Easy sex, no drama. I don't have time for drama. I thought that sex with Dr. Fierman would mean that he left after it, but apparently, I was wrong.

Will he stay the night? Ugh.

I started my internship at Saint Joseph's Hospital one year ago and I don't have the time to date. All I do is work, eat and sleep.

Should I wake him up and ask him to leave? Would it be rude? I don't know what the protocol is with one-night stands. But I don't want things to get awkward between us, because I'll have to deal with him at work.

I get up and go to the bathroom to clean myself. It was good sex. Not great, but... fine.

I wear an oversize shirt and return to the bedroom. He's still in the same position. Mouth open and snoring.

Ugh, I want to sleep.

Looking at my clock on the bedside, I have an idea. It may not work, but I have to give it a try.

I call Liv and she answers immediately. Liv is my best friend, who also works at the hospital. She's an intern like me and the funniest person I know.

"Hey girl! So, how big?"

Of course, that's the first thing she asks.

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later. I have a major situation and I need your help"

"Ok...."

"He fell asleep"

Several seconds pass and she doesn't respond.

"Liv?" I call.

"Yeah, I'm here. You mean, he fell asleep during the...?"

"No, silly" I sigh impatiently "We had sex and then he fell asleep. But I want him gone, Liv. What do I do? I don't want to sleep with him...in the literal sense"

"You didn't have a problem having him in your...." She says with a teasing joking tone.

"Liv, c'mon, a little help here! I mean it. What do I do?" I made a baby voice hoping she feels sorry for me.