Chapter 8

Charlie

After a long afternoon studying for my thesis, I head home for a few hours of sleep. While I wait for the elevator, Conor walks to the building, also waiting for it.

He waits beside me for the elevator, but he doesn't say a word. Things have gotten pretty awkward between us, so I don't mind the silence. On the other hand, he looks upset (more than the usual) which makes me wonder what happened.

He looks like he wants to strangle someone and because I have a death wish, I break the silence.

"Bad day?" I ask innocently.

"Bad year" He fires, coldly.

Ok, then.

The elevator door opens, and we both get inside at the same time, so we bump into each other. I feel a chill, which no longer surprises me because around him, I have no control over my body.

Realizing we're not going to go in at the same time, he steps back to let me in first and he goes in next, touching our floor button. 

As soon as the elevator door closes, he lifts his head, looks at me, and moves toward me, leaning me against the elevator wall. He raises his arms, cornering me with his hands.

He looks at me as if I were the reason for his anger. His gaze is frightening and if I weren't as turned on as I am, this would look like harassment. Except I don't feel harassed at all. 

But I certainly am pissed.

I remember that night at my house, too well. I remember his face, almost kissing me, and the cold speech he gave me afterwards. 

The son of a bitch rejected me and now he's flirting with me? He breaks his gaze and walks away, tapping the "stop" button. The elevator stops abruptly. He leans back against me.

"Do I look that stupid?" I ask.

He looks at me in surprise. He didn't expect me to give him an attitude.

"Or are you used to all women opening their legs for you even after you rejected them?"

"No, I..." he tries to defend himself

"Just shut up! You were right, by the way. You don't deserve me and you're not that tempting" I'm lying about the last one, but still "I don't want to fuck a guy who doesn't know what he wants. And for someone who claims to be almost ten years older than me, you're pretty childish. So, Conor, our problem isn't that I can't take it casual or that I'm younger than you. Our problem is you. Get your shit together and go find someone else to fuck"

I try to reach the stop button, but he stops me. What he says next leaves me petrified.

"I know what I want. I want to fuck you."

What?

"What?"

"You heard me." He starts rubbing my cheeks.

"Well..." I almost stutter "You had your chance, and you blew it. And besides, that was a little too honest, don't you think?"

He laughs, but it's not a happy or cute laugh. It's an ironic laugh as if I've just said nonsense.

"Do you think that was too honest?" He looks for an answer in my eyes "What if I told you that this morning and almost every morning, I jerked off thinking about you?"

Oh my God. No one ever said that to me.

"You... what?"

My voice is shaky and suddenly I can't keep my anger in mind anymore. He notices and smiles, this time a cute smile, as if he knows he just won me over.