Chapter 7

Charlie

"And then... nothing" I say as I watch Liv's excited face turn to complete disappointment.

"What do you mean nothing?" she asks.

"Exactly that. He went all weird and dark, saying bullshit like you can't keep this casual and my life is a mess and you're not ready for it. Like he was trying to scare me."

"Well..." she rambles.

"What?"

"I don't know about the mess thing, but you can't keep it casual. He's right about that" she says.

"That is bullshit! I slept with Dr. Fierman like three weeks ago!" I bring my hand to my mouth, regretting it and look around to see if anyone has heard me. 

We are the only ones in the cafeteria, but sometimes we get carried away in the conversation.

"Come on Charlie! First, you were drunk when you fucked him. Because you never wouldn't do it if you were sober" She counts her fingers as she talks "Second, it was your first casual fuck. And third, there was no risk in that, because you would never fall in love with Dr. Fierman."

"I could fall in love with Dr. Fierman..." Could I?

"You never even liked him. Before, after or during sex" she says, like she's stating a fact.

Shit, that's true. He was safe territory because he didn't awake anything in me. Conor, on the other hand, makes every corner of my body wake up.

And he knows it.

"So, he saw through me and he know I wouldn't be able to keep it casual" I say.

"Pretty much, but he'll come to his senses" she states.

"No, he won't. And after yesterday? I don't want him anymore" I have my pride and after that rejection, there's no way I would fall for his shit again.

"Come on, you too are neighbors. All that sexual tension, it's impossible to ignore. You want each other badly" she emphasizes the last word "You'll end up falling on his dick."

I can't help but laugh.

"What? God, why do you say these things?" I look around to confirm that there's really no one hearing our conversation.

"Oh, maybe because I saw it. Yesterday in the kitchen, you were eye-fucking each other. It was hot, by the way"

"Well, I won't fall on his dick, even if it's the last dick on earth"

"Oh, you're that sure?" Liv teases.

"I am. And who knows, maybe it was for the best" She gives me a grin and I change the subject "What about Ryan?" I ask.

I don't know him yet because Liv wants to keep it casual, but I know he's crazy about Liv, I mean who isn't?

"What about him?" she asks, dismissively.

"Are you boyfriend and girlfriend already?" I tease.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen" she states.

"Why not?"

"He's full of shit"

"What do you mean?"

Liv is all about talking, but when it comes to her love life, she always retracts.

"I found out he was fucking another girl. And he lied to me about it, so I won't see him anymore."

"What? But he was the one who started the exclusivity thing!"