Chapter 5

Conor

I woke up around noon to a persistent knock on the door.

Who the fuck is it? Only a few people know my new address.

I open the door and see a tall girl looking at me like she's deciding on her next meal.

"Hi Connor"

What the fuck? How does she know my name? Did I fuck her? I don't remember her face at all but I've been drunk for the past few months so...

"I'm sorry, do I..."

She interrupts me.

"You don't. Man, you're a snack! She said you were hot, but with Charlie, you never know"

Oh, so she knows Charlie. I'm not getting a fuck of what's happening right now.

"So... are you a friend of Charlie?"

"I'm her best friend" she says proudly "And today is her birthday."

"Oh, ok..." Still weird that she's here, telling me this.

"Ok, so I'm planning a surprise party tonight at her house. And I would like you to come."

"Are you sure?" I ask. Is this a prank?

"I know you guys got a rough start but it's time to kiss and make up" I widen my eyes in surprise at that sentence and she smiles "So please, come to the party tonight. Kay?"

I thought for a few seconds, but the truth is that I have nothing better to do. Or rather, I have, but I don't feel like doing anything.

"Ok, I'll be there" I replied, getting ready to close the door, but she continued to stare at me with a curious face.

"So... I have a hunch and I'm going to act on it" she says with her hands on her hips "Charlie can be a little cranky sometimes, but when you unwrap all that paper, you're going to be overwhelmed. In a good way, of course"

She says and then disappears down the stairs.

*

When I come home after Charlie's party, I take a long time falling asleep, thinking about her.

I always loved fucking since I was old enough to know what to do with my cock, but I've never really dated. I never even noticed if the girls I dated were interesting enough, because the only thing I noticed was If they had nice tits and a good ass to grab on.

Yet, I've known Charlie for a few weeks, and I've wasted more time thinking about her than any other girl I've fucked. In fact, whenever I see her, she gets stuck in my brain for some reason. And it's not just because I want to fuck her, which I fucking do. A lot.

But it's more than just that. She teases and challenges me and I love our conversations that feel like a tennis match, only sexier.

I know that if I'd fuck her just once, the "spell" would be broken. But Charlie doesn't seem like the casual fuck type and then it would be weird since we're neighbors and we see each other every day. 

Also, I could never give her more than that. And I don't want to. It's better if I keep my dick away from her, not least because I don't need more drama in my life right now.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear someone arguing. It comes from the house next door. My pulse quickens when I realize it's Charlie. Our walls are thin enough to take away all the privacy.

What the hell is going on? Is she with someone? Is she in danger? I get up from the bed and lean against the wall but all I hear is her voice and I realize she's crying.