CHAPTER 6/ Esma's fate

٭٭٭

I sobbed as Mihriban Hatun, my servant, comforted me while packing my things. My sultana we must either hide or depart, it's not longer safe here. MY AHMED!!! I screamed at the top of my lungs. The doors to my room suddenly opened, and Hande entered, with her flashy new gown and the Haseki crown that I never got to wear. I knew it was game over for me. - Esma Sultan

٭٭٭

Esma Sultan contented with her fate as she was escorted to the chambers of the new regent and Valide Sultan- Hande

Esma Sultan contented with her fate as she was escorted to the chambers of the new regent and Valide Sultan- Hande. Esma was forced to bow and kiss her hand as her children were brought forth as well.

"Hande -that is, Valide Sultan- please don't hurt them!" Esma sobbed as Hande waved her hand down. 

"I'm not like that Esma. Unlike some people, I don't steal their loved ones. And speaking of thieves, I fancy knowing where Fatma is. Do you know?"

"Sultana, Fatma used to occupy these chambers in the brief period where you were away. Now, I think she probably snuck out with the help of some Harem high-ranking people."

"And who are they?" Hande questioned. If Fatma escaped, that would mean that if she was caught she would have an even harsher sentence.

"I'll only tell you if you say what happened to Ahmed." Esma bargained. Hande Sultan rolled her eyes. She didn't really care at this point.

"Sultan Ahmed is locked in the Kaffes. There's no returning him."

"Gülnihal Hatun and Melcem Kalfa, as well as some Eunuch'es are friendly with her. And also... Fatma owns a small residence in Üsküdar."

That's where we will go, Hande decided.

"Esma, for now you and your children will be exiled to Egypt. Orhan will be stripped of sehzade title, and will instead be a bey. Doorwomen! Escort Esma and her kids away." Esma was sent back to her rooms, and will no longer return to Topkapi. Now, for Fatma.