Chapter 8/ Rivalry

WARNING: MILD/MATURE CONTENT BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

✧✧✧

We arrived in Üsküdar expecting to catch Fatma red-handed. Instead, we found something worse: a maid was hanged outside the porch of the property. One of our maids screamed as a man of ours muffled her mouth.

Fresh blood was dripping off her, and we at once knew it was a spy we sent ahead. This wasn't a good thing. We went inside and searched the place top to bottom, but found no trace of Fatma, except a single scroll on a table. I opened it up and read it.

Fatma was allied with Safiye Sultan. And they were headed to ascend the throne, which our son was scheduled to do tomorrow. Only one good thing can come out of this: Rivalry. - Hande Sultan

 - Hande Sultan

✧✧✧

My son is set to ascend the throne soon, and I will be his Valide. And now I can get rid of Safiye Sultan. - Fatma Sultan

Meanwhile...

Safiye Sultan was comforting the 5 year old sehzade Mehmet, who she was ensuring to be the next Sultan. Her plan was going perfectly.

"My Lion, it is your time to shine

"My Lion, it is your time to shine." She nudged him towards the door as she began heading back to the rooms of the Sultan. Fatma was waiting there to negotiate an agreement, and Safiye needed to get rid of her. The young Fatma thought the same thing in reverse. But alas, Fatma's troubled mind needed to be settled, and be put in place.

Safiye sat down.

"Well, Fatma, time to settle things accordingly, as a Sultana would

"Well, Fatma, time to settle things accordingly, as a Sultana would."

"You are right Sultana, but I already have a plan in mind. You will return to the Sarây-ı Atîk-i Âmire [Eski Sarayı/old palace] where you belong." Fatma returned confidently, raising her chin.

"Quite the contrary, as the Naib-i-Sultanat [Regent of the Sultanate] my place is in Topkapi. Yours is in exile to the ends of the earth, if possible."

"How can this be? Mehmet is my son, and grandmothers don't belong in the palace!" Fatma exclaimed in horror.

"Watch your words, you are speaking to a Sultana. Guards! Lock her in one of the chambers of the far left wing in the harem, and see to it she doesn't leave."

"No, aghas stop! I am Valide Sultan! You can't do this to me! Give me back my son!" Fatma screamed at the top of her lungs as the doormen dragged her out.

Unfortunately for Safiye, revenge was coming. Hande.