Unknown threat

Shit. The world was hot

Seeing Yakumo struggle to keep up against that beast of a monster, Jakuun or whatever, made his veins pulse. Yakumo used air barriers to defend herself, but the monster was quick and intelligent, and already knew most of Yakumo's habits. Somehow, it felt as if the god had been studying them for months and they never knew.

Roku was hiding behind a rock, following Orders. Yakumo's eyes had told him right away he needed to hide, because it was too hard to keep up with the god while also trying to cover for Roku's own health as well. And so he did, he took a hiding spot behind some boulders and watched as Yakumo flew around and tried beating the monster, who had no issue deflecting her attacks and giving retaliation on the spot.

The Shuuki that entered the region were closing in on them slowly, and it was a constant reminder that they were running out of time.

The janitor knew any of the blows traded would be enough to kill him immediately, so his internal alert was full on, running, screaming and making his ears ring.

"Fuck off already!" Yakumo was sweating, the heat of the battle getting overwhelmingly hot as the Jaku'un god took hits that could erase a wall without issue.

Grimacing, the wind user stopped her attacks and got to thinking, incredibly frustrated. Using her full powers with Roku and Ginna around was a no-go, it was too dangerous. But at the same time, if she didn't carefully evade or deflect all of this god's attacks, she'd die or face significant damage. This wasn't ideal, but Roku also could not flee or risk being detected and eliminated. It was a lose-lose situation for her, and so all she could do was put up resistance and percist.

She created a barrage of wind needles and shot them straight to the God, but he evaded them with ease. Counter attacking, he shot a miasma of darkness that she dissipated with her wind. This was...dangerous substances, so she always tried to send them as far away as possible.

She could see it in the monster's intention, that sneaky attitude. He was planning something, and she didn't want anything to do with it.

"Focus or die, dear captain~" Jaku'un was...scary looking, and annoying. Full of himself, and ready to kill without question. His attacks seemed well calculated, always aiming towards critical zones for the human body, making it clear he had studied them for a long time.

Her only advantage was speed and the fact that said Monster couldn't fly, and of that she wasn't completely sure of. But he has remained on the ground so far, so she was hoping that to be true.

"Whirlwind!" Announcing, Yakumo took a hold of a bunch of concentrated air and threw it towards the god. This time, it was merely a decoy.

Surprisingly, it felt for it, trying to cover himself from a bunch of air waves, and Yakumo took the chance to dive fast and get his back with an enhanced kick, effectively damaging him for the first time.

"Not enough!" The monster screeched and threw a small dark vial down to the floor. From it, a smoke screen covered the whole place, and Yakumo used her wind to dissipate it.

Unfortunately, those seconds were enough for Jaku'un to disappear momentarily.

Checking her surroundings, she realized a little late that the monster was aiming for Roku, apparently knowing where he was hiding from the beginning.

"Shit! Roku!" She screamed, bolting towards the monster. It had covered a long distance while she retook her surroundings, and it would be impossible to reach in time.

If Roku could take one second away from the monster, she'd get there, somehow.

And if by a miracle, or maybe because the monster underestimated humans and males, when Jaku'un attempted to attack Roku with a raw punch, the janitor rolled away, timing his evade perfectly. The god's momentum made it stumble forward, and it was enough of a time window for Yakumo to reach in and retrieve Roku, taking hold of him and quickly lifting herself up in the air.