19

Six thirty. I looked at the clock to find that it was six fifteen.

Fifteen minutes till I got downstairs.

"Why did Soroush call you like that?" Jida asked.

"I don't know."

"But,  we will find out," said Ishita. She got up and took my hand,  "Come on. Let's pick an outfit."

"What, but...."

"You guys go downstairs," Ishita ordered, "And find out what's happening there."

"No,  Ishu...."

She took my hand before I could even protest and took me to my house,  in my room.

She rummaged through my wardrobe as I stared at her.

"Ishu..."

"Don't. I am busy."

"Ishu...."

"Shut it!"

"Ishu!"

"Don't worry..... I won't give you an outfit that will show what is on your..... "

"Stop!" I exclaimed,  "Don't say it."

She threw a pair of jeans and a long,  black flowy blouse with a large bow on the chest area.

"Add a black hijab to that and you'll be perfect. Ooh! And heels."

"I don't wear heels. I am tall."

"Average height. Boots then. Oh,  I remember your boots...."

"Ishu...."

"Shh. I need to see something,  okay?" she asked. "And anyway,  Shezwa is way worse than I am. I am making you wear something logical. She would make you wear something...."

She took a long,  black dress from my wardrobe and I winced.

"She would also add those chandelier earrings you have," she added.

"She loves those earrings. My birthday gift from her to me."

"Anyway. Wear this. He will like it very much."

I looked at the outfit, which had fallen on the bed.

A part of me wanted to impress Soroush. The other part was dead set against it.

I shook my head and through my outfit back to Ishita. "No. Never. Never to impress him."

"He told you to look badass," she said.

I looked down at my outfit. "I am going to go in this. Screw what Soroush said."

"What if he takes you to a dinner party?"

"Do you think I care if he takes me to a dinner party? Besides,  he won't."

"I know he won't. But still,  there has to be some logical reasoning."

"I don't care about that so called logical reasoning. I am going in this pajama set and I don't care." I stomped my foot,  "He should have said something more than just that."

"Oh, Elizha...." she shook her head. "Pajamas look sexy when you're on the bed. But even then, what you're wearing is not appropriate. Wear something sexy.  Religious,  but......"

"Don't use those two words in the same context," I yelled, "Ever."

"Fine,  do whatever you want." she rolled her eyes,  "Goodness me! You hear the word sexy and you're immediately hot and bothered. What will you do when you have to call a horrible guy,  a dickhead? This is all Dua's fault. She got you to be like this. I wonder if you can even use the F word."