[] Chapter 2: Nah, I'd Win []

__________________________________________
Kiyo POV
__________________________________________

I contemplated the need for a more efficient way to deal with these creatures. While I could employ stealthy tactics akin to an assassin, it wouldn't be as effective against the more sentient zombies I encountered earlier.

Their grinning amusement hinted at a level of awareness that posed a significant challenge.

'It can't be helped, I suppose. If the situation arises, I'll have to go all out to protect myself,' I thought, exhaling a sigh of resignation.

Kei shot me a curious look as we continued to navigate the bloodied hallway of the school, unaware of the dangers lurking around every corner.

"What are you even thinking about so much?" Kei's voice broke through my thoughts as she held onto my arm.

"Nothing much, just about the situation we're in now," I replied, a half-truth that didn't reveal the full extent of my thoughts.

We continued our descent to the lower floors in silence, each step filled with uncertainty and apprehension.

On the lower floor, the number of zombies had doubled compared to the upper floor, their guttural growls echoing ominously in the dimly lit hallway.

Grrrrrr

"Hmm? Where did that sound come from?" I muttered, tensing up and readying my baton for any potential ambush.

"I-it was m-me," Kei stammered, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she pointed to her stomach.

"Kei, what am I going to do with you?" I sighed, shaking my head at her forgetfulness.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean? I forgot to have breakfast because I was running late for the school !" Her unintentional outburst filled the air, accompanied by a playful swat in my direction. Despite her embarrassment, she still managed to lighten the mood.

"Shh. Lower your voice, muffin head," I chided softly, placing a hand over her mouth to silence her, eliciting a blush from her in response.

Ghraaaa wraaaa

But it was too late; the sound had drawn the attention of the nearby zombies, their hungry groans growing louder as they closed in on our position.

I glanced at Kei, and despite my usual apathetic expression, she could tell I wasn't pleased with her.

Graaaa rhaaaaa

There were too many of them-around 15 or 20-and I knew I had to act fast to dispatch them before they attracted even more unwanted attention.

"It can't be helped, I guess," I muttered with another sigh, resigned to the situation. My priority was conserving energy as much as possible.

As one male zombie charged towards Kei at full speed, eager to sink his teeth into her, i look toward him with my usual indifferent face. 'Must've been a pervert before turning into one of them,' I thought to myself.

With swift reflexes, I used my left hand to bash his head against the floor, preventing him from reaching Kei. Then, wielding the baton in my right hand, I drove it through his skull, ending his undead existence in an instant.

 Then, wielding the baton in my right hand, I drove it through his skull, ending his undead existence in an instant