Chapter 6: Games, Laughs, Snacks And Kiss

Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it - Bernard Meltzer

It was Saturday and I was in my room making sure I had everything. Wait, what would I need? I'm just gonna be playing video games. Playing video games with Jake Denvers, who is a total smokeshow. Screw this. I'm just gonna text Jake and cancel. I'll say I have the flu or really bad period cramps. I grabbed my phone to text him, but before I could even unlock it I heard a knock at the door. Fuck! Ok, stay calm. Stay calm. Stay fucking calm! I took a deep breath and headed down the stairs. My dad is away on business and he'll be gone until Thursday. So I get to enjoy 5 days of peace and quiet. I opened the door and saw Jake standing with a little smile on his face. God, why does he have to be so hot?

"Hi. Ready to go?"

I gave him a little nod. I know I talk to Mrs. Dawn with no problem, but after living the way I have, you tend to be less open with the people you see everyday. We got to Jake's house and immediately his parents offered me tea and snacks. They also were also ok with me being silent. His mother said me being silent doesn't make me any less different than a person who isn't, and that was something I wished I heard growing up. We went up to Jake's room and he showed me around. His room was a little bigger than mine, but it was still nice. We sat down to start playing and then his father showed up with sandwiches. Jake suggested we play Mario Kart. And oh boy, he did not know I was a master at Mario Kart.

"How are you so good at this?"

I shrugged. Hell, I don't even know how I'm so good at this game. We played for a couple of hours and then we watched a movie. He put on White Chicks, and then after that movie I put on Terrifier. He screamed and covered his eyes with every kill. Such a crybaby. After that movie, he was way too scared after that to even turn off 1 light. So, to cheer him up, we watched SpongeBob. I pulled out my phone to text him.

"You're such a wimp."

"Hey."

Jake threw some popcorn at me, and in return, I threw Skittles at him. He started wrestling me and I began to laugh. I was laughing so hard I had my eyes closed the entire time. I opened them and saw Jake really close to my face. He stopped and just stared at me. I was on the floor with Jake's body on top of mine.

"South? I-"

I tried to speak, but no words came out. Not that it'll make a difference. I'm still the silent freak of Valley High. I stared back into Jake's eyes. He had piercing gray eyes. They were intoxicating. I put my hand on his left cheek and began to rub it back and forth with my thumb.

"I-"

My mind went blank when South started to rub my cheek with her thumb. It felt really nice.

"Gray."

My mind went blank. Did South just...talk?

"You have gray eyes."

She did. She did talk.

"You just...you just...You just talked!"

"Your eyes are really pretty. Gray is my favorite color."

"Your voice is really beautiful. I could hear it all day. South Diamond?"

"Jake Denvers?"

"Can I kiss you? Please?"

"Yes."

And without hesitation, I put my lips on hers. She held onto my face, pulling me in closer. God, she was breathtaking. She then grabbed my shirt, then my hair, then my neck, I couldn't hold it in. I picked her up and held her in my arms. I didn't break the kiss. I felt her legs wrap around my waist, and at that moment I placed her gently on my bed. She tastes so good. Like cherries. If this is a dream, then I don't want to wake up. I started to kiss her cheek and then I trailed down to her neck. She laid her head back and I took it in to really make my mark. I heard her moan and I heard her laugh.

"You like it, huh?" Jake asked.

"Don't stop."

"Wasn't planning on it."

I felt Jake enjoying this. He kissed me without a second thought. When I pulled him in closer, he deepened the kiss. In a swift moment, he picked me up and held me tight. I wrapped my legs around him and I even felt him smile. He gently placed me down on his bed and I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him in closer. I opened my mouth a bit and he took that opportunity to slip his tongue in my mouth. He had a taste of mint with a hint of strawberries. He started to plant kisses on my cheeks and then my neck. It felt so good, so exhilarating. I let out a small moan and I even laughed. I wanted more, I needed more. But, I decided to take my sweet time with this boy. If this was gonna be the start of something great, then you best believe I'm gonna be smart about it.

"Jake, we should stop. Or else I'm worried we won't be able to stop. We should take this slow."

"Yeah, you're right."

Jake got off and we laid there in silence. I took his hand and held it in mine. He smiled and placed a kiss on it.

"Spend the night." Jake said.

I got up and looked at him.

"What? You mean spend the night here?"

"Your dad won't be back until Thursday, and you live next door. We can go there and pack a couple of your things. We can even go to school together."

This was a thought. Every point he made was a good point. My dad will be gone for a couple of days, I live right next to Jake, we go to the same school. What's there to disagree about?

"Ok. I'll spend the night."

I got some of my stuff and went back to Jake's. He said I could stay in his room. He told me he'd like it if I stayed in his room, but I think he's too scared to sleep alone after watching Terrifier. I sat there in the dark, wondering what this means for us. Are we dating? Are we friends with benefits? Was that just a meaningless kiss? So many questions. Jake had already fallen asleep, so it didn't help that I had no one to talk to. I then heard my phone buzz and saw it was a notification from the 16 Lies app. I read it, and what I read left me speechless.

"Jake?"

"Huh? Wha-"

"Check your phone."

He checked it, and I'm guessing he's speechless as well.

"Adam Diaz. The muscles, the girls, the hotness. Every girl wanted a piece of him. Which Sasha did get. But moving on from Sasha, Adam was just as secretive as Sasha. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to see him burn. But he died with a secret. Did you know Adam wasn't capable of being on the baseball team? Poor soul used steroids to enhance his baseball career. I gave him the free will to confess, but stupid idiot didn't. And where did that end him? On a classroom floor, nothing but smoke and fire, and burning to a crispy bacon. Adam was also a fucking prick. He started the fight between him and Valley High's popular boy, Jake Denvers. I bet you also didn't know who the girl was. Jake was defending her honor. Well, her name's South Diamond. All three landed in detention, but Denvers never showed. And where was Mr. Avery? Adam Diaz took that time to sexually assault South. I saw him try to kiss her, but she showed him who's boss by punching his socks off. I'm gonna be honest, South was my main target. But I got a better deal by watching Adam begging to be saved. So don't worry, South. You get to see another day. But word of advice Valley High, always tell the truth. If you know what's good for you."