Chapter 16: Give Up

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time - Thomas A. Edison

Carrie, Emma, and Daria we tied and gagged. This was a horror scene. They were beaten up so badly, I don't think they can even breathe without being in pain. Jason was standing next to me with a smile, this was amusing to him. He has killed 5 people like it was nothing, like he didn't take away their lives.

"You know what they did? They helped Heather with her little prank. But what goes through a person's mind to have someone rape another person. They helped her carry out that plan. Carrie was the one who told you to go in that room, Emma was the one who put ketamine in your drink, and Daria made sure that no one knew what was happening. And Jake...well, I'll let him tell you that part."

Jason then had his face just inches away from mine.

"Now, it's time to make them pay."

Jason then walked slowly towards them holding his knife.

"Stay away from us!" shouted Emma.

"Leave them alone!"

As I tried to free myself, Jason then started to stab them all one by one. They were screaming in pain and it only made me want to free myself more. I fell to the floor when I put a little too much force. I was still tied up as I saw a pool of blood, I was too late. They're already dead. Tears started to fall as I heard Jason laugh.

"God, that felt great!"

"You're a monster."

"No, monsters are people who enjoy seeing other people suffer. I did you a favor, you should be thanking me!"

He then set me back up. Jason's thumb rubbed against my bottom lip, I then bit it so hard I began to taste blood. He screamed in pain and then hit me. I felt my cheek throb in pain. I wanted to cry, but I refused to break.

"I'm gonna take my sweet time with you."

Jason then pushed me back to the ground and started to rub my thigh.

"I've been dreaming about this for so long."

I then felt him unzip my pants. I couldn't do anything to stop him. My feet and hands were tied up, plus with a broken foot...I'm in no position to fight back without activating the pain. But then I remembered something. There was 1 thing Jason hates in the entire world.

"You're a coward."

Jason then stopped as his hand was just on the lace band of my underwear.

"What did you just say?"

"You're a coward. You act all tough, but the truth is you couldn't actually kill them without having a weapon. You always wanted the upper hand."

I started laughing like my life isn't on the line right now.

"You had to start 2 fires just to get to me. You also had to drug me with LSD just to make the torment real. You need a drug to make me suffer, because you knew you wouldn't be enough to make me beg for mercy. You don't have the balls to rape me."

"Wanna bet?"

"You hesitated the first time."

"What?"

"You could've raped me when I was knocked out, you could've done more to me in the fire, you could've done more to me at the lockers, but you never did. Because you, Jason Ambrose, are a big...Fucking! COWARD!"

Jason then slashed my face, blood started to drip on my cheek and onto the floor. It wasn't long until he kicked me hard in my rib, breaking it.

"Am I a coward now?! Huh?!"

He continued kicking me and when he was tired of that, he then started punching me. Each punch hurt more than the last, but I told myself I'm not gonna break in front of this man. I won't allow it.

*

2 hours. It's been 2 hours since I've told the detectives about Jason, Heather and South. I'm losing hope with each minute she doesn't turn up. Fields and Hollows brought Heather in for questioning. I've been waiting out here for any news that South is at least still breathing. I just hope she's fighting for whatever torment this guy has planned for her.

In the interrogation room, Fields and Hollows were interviewing Heather.

"Jake told us what you told him. We know the fire was a set up to isolate South from the crowd. You helped Scott Hayden get away with your classmate. Or should I say Jason Ambrose?" Fields asked.

"Jake told us it was a slip of the mouth after he refused to believe South was dead."

"South is dead. Jason made sure of it."

"I don't think so. There's no body. How are you so sure the fire did succeed in killing South? How do you know if Jason didn't let South go?"

"He's supposed to make sure Jake can't find her, that was the plan."

"How did you and Jason meet?" Hollows asked.

"Online."

"Are you aware that not only was South Jason's main target, but also aware that he killed Sasha, Adam, and Amy?"

"He might've also taken your friends, Carrie, Emma, and Daria. You could be next." Fields said.

"What?"

"Jason's main objective is to expose your secrets. Does he know you staged a rape?"

"Rape? That was just a prank!"

"A prank that almost turned into rape. Prank or not, does Jason know?"

"No! No one is supposed to know!"

"Well, there's no doubt that he does know. That's why Cole was killed, and why your friends were kidnapped."

"What happened on the night of this 'prank'? We need to know." Hollows said.

"Fine. I'll tell you."

*

"Just give up!" shouted Jason.

As I was lying on the floor, bruised and bloody, I was actually thinking of giving up. I don't know how much more of this I can take. How long would it be until anybody notices I'm missing? Does Jake know I'm missing? Is he even ok? What about my dad? Does he even know about the fire? All the reasons why I should just give up. What's the point of fighting back when you have nothing waiting for you at home? I felt my eyes become heavy as I realize, this is it. It's my time to leave this universe. The name South Diamond is just gonna be a name that no one cared enough to even know that she was missing. She was just a girl who wanted to live a life that had no worries, no problems, no drama, and no one to worry about.