chapter 7

(this is Madelyn's outfit/s! If u wanna think of anything else, go ahead!)

(IMPORTANT: btw the top is for the first half of the chapter where she signs up for cheer and the one on the bottom is her pajamas for helping her mom find the right outfit for her book interview! I might show a bit of a moment to show how Charlie and Madelyn's sibling relationship looks like! also young sophia bush is gonna be playing brooke james and bethany joy lenz is gonna be playing haley davis (they are gonna be madelyns new bffs!!) enjoy <33)

Madelyn's POV:

I was looking through the latest magazine when someone knocked on my bedroom door and I told them to come in and it was Charlie.

"Hey, I'm gonna try out for the football team. Wanna go with me and maybe join the cheerleading squad?" He asks me since I told him about joining cheer again when we move here since it brings back the good memories I had with my old friends.

"Sure. Let me get dressed." I respond while I get up and get my clothes. Charlie nods and tells me we are leaving in 10 and closes my door.

____________________________________________________

Apparently, Dad has a job conference thing where he gets interviewed and he just left before I got to say bye to him. All the kids went outside when Dad left.

I spot Charlie and tell him that I'm ready.

"Hey! I'm ready. Let's go?" I ask him.

"Yea. Let me get the keys and my bag." He responds.

Once he got his bag we both went down and he got the keys. Henry heard him get the keys and went to where Charlie and I were but we were already heading out the door.

"Where you goin'?" Henry asks Charlie and I but more specifically Charlie since he basically idolizes him.

"To sign up for football and Madelyn is signing up for cheer. And, no, you can't come." Charlie responds back coldly, I nudge his arm basically telling him not to be rude.

I turn my head, still walking, and respond to Henry smiling apologetically, "Sorry bud. We'll be back soon though."

He nods silently in a sad way and turns to go back to the younger kids. I smiled one last time and jogged up to Charlie and catch up with him and we went to the car.

_________________________________________________________

We go into the car and sit in and Charlie starts the car and drives a bit quickly.

"Woah. Are you trying to make us crash?" I ask him jokingly.

"Sorry. I just got a lot on my mind." He apologizes.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him concerned as I turned my head to look at him.

He deeply sighs and says, "I don't really know. I think it's the move and everything is just going way too fast for me."

I smile at him sympathetically, "It's fine to think that way. I think we just need time to adjust since we've basically been raised in Midland our whole lives."

"Yea, I guess." He replies and sighs deeply once again.

"So don't worry about it too much lil bro." I say pinching his cheeks as he removes one of his hands from the wheel and moves my hand off his cheeks as we both laugh.

___________________________________________________________

We finally arrived at the school as Charlie and I exit the car and close the door.