Chapter 1

Persephone Amour Bennett has gone by her middle name since she was six. According to her, it is just a coincidence that's the year her mother left and the fact that her mother used to love her name. Her father had wanted to name her Bernadette. Bernie and Bonnie but Abigail took one look at -her daughter and knew it was all wrong. Persephone was never close to Rudy. Could rarely remember him ever holding or comforting her. That was all done by Grams and Bonnie.

But there were some upsides, Grams and Bonnie figured out quite quickly that Amour was extremely intelligent. She was amazing at violin, picking up the instrument almost immediately and loving to learn the most complex pieces. Her teacher was just a musician in town but she said Amour had the potential to be a soloist in any orchestra by the age of seven. Yet it didn't stop at musical talent. With an eidetic memory and love of reading, she was already in the same year of school as Bonnie. Most eldest siblings would hate it but Bonnie couldn't have been prouder. Not everyone shared that sentiment. Especially not Bonnie's friend Elena. "I don't know how you do it, you share everything with her," Elena complained on their first day of junior year. Though Bonnie was glad they were finally done talking about the new guy.

"She's my sister," Bonnie said as if that should've explained it all. And to some, it did.

"I couldn't be that close to Jeremy," Elena replied with a roll of her eyes.

"Maybe it's because they're both girls?" Caroline, ever the peacemaker recently, said.

"And the fact that I pretty much raised her. She's had no parents but me and Grams. Why wouldn't we be proud of her accomplishments?"

"I don't have parents either."

"It's not a competition, Elena. But since you want to go there, they just died last semester and at least your parents didn't choose to leave you. I gotta go. I'll be back for cheer but Amour has violin lessons."

Bonnie walked to the parking lot to see her twelve year old sister talking to a very tall and dangerous looking older guy. She rushed over. "Creep much?" she asked and went to stand in front of Amour. Not that this hid her considering Amour was already an inch taller than Bonnie. "She's 12!" The guy held his hands up.

"It was not like that. I was asking if she'd seen my brother."

"Who is your brother?"

"You know what, nevermind. Have a good day, ladies." Bonnie looks at Amour.

"We need to go over stranger danger again?"

"No. Sorry," she pouted and looked down.

"I'm not mad at you, I'm just trying to keep you safe."

"I get it," Amour said as she got into the car and fastened her seatbelt. She looked over to Bonnie, "Is Dad coming to my recital?" Bonnie seemed to freeze then sigh.

"Umm, I honestly don't think so." Amour nodded sadly, "You know he wants to be."

"Actually I don't know that. And at this point I believe the opposite to be true. My own father hates me."

"He doesn't hate you. Don't say that. We all love you. Dad, me and Grams."

"Weird thing happened," Amour said, changing the subject. "I was talking to Jeremy and Tyler shoved him into me. Then I saw him making out with Vicki."

"Who? Tyler? You just saw them making out?" Bonnie thought back earlier to the chills she got with the new guy.

"Tyler pushed Jeremy. I steadied him and when I did I got a headache then pictures and sounds filled my head. Disgusting ones honestly. Jeremy is barely older than me and Vicki is practically an old person!" Bonnie laughed as she turned into the drive way of the woman that helped Amour with her violin.