Chapter 3

It took a bit, but months later it was close to eleven pm and Bonnie was headed to the school with Matt & Amour. "It's senior prank night! We're only gonna be seniors in high school once!" Amour told her. That's why Bonnie was there. She knew she had to make things good for her. Elijah was supposed to show up to her summer concert and she texted him so many times but he never arrived. And Matt had to cover someone at the grill. Caroline offered, they'd been talking again. But Amour wasn't close to her anyway. Amour also seemed to be hiding something from Bonnie, not that she'd ever know. Matt too.

Amour was definitely hiding something. She'd seen her parents' marriage fall apart through her memories. And although she seemed to be at the center of it all, it didn't really seem to be her fault. At least that's what Kol kept repeating to her. She wished he was in real life. Not just her dreams. She wished Elijah would've came to her concert. She didn't know what she did to make him mad.

Once they arrived at the school, Matt and Bonnie ran off, most likely to makeout, Amour thought. They kissed a lot. Amour decided to head to the gym where people were putting out cups. Elena and Caroline were there but she easily ignored them. She thought about Kol and how he would've come up with a way cooler idea. But her night got better. "Students! You have been caught. Please head home!" She looked to see Niklaus talking with an American accent. She giggled at how funny he sounded.

"Everyone, this is my sister, Rebekah, be careful, she can be quite nasty," A young blonde woman walked in after him. At first, Amour was excited. If she was awake, he definitely had his family, which meant Kol was one dagger away! Rebekah said something to Niklaus but Amour only caught the end of it. "Little sister, word to the wise, the witches are off limits and under my protection."

"Who?" Rebekah asked, bored.

"I'm one!" Amour announced, probably too excitedly. She walked over to the ancient vampire who didn't look that much older than her. Maybe a few years. And she was Kol's younger sister! It would take forever for her to become the same age as him. "I'm Persephone Amour Bennett. But you can call me Amour."

"Well you are actually delightful," Rebekah said.

"Thank you," she said, then looked back at Niklaus. She had some questions. "Niklaus, do you know where Elijah is? I must've made him mad because he never showed up to my concert. He promised!"

"What concert, little witch?" there was a small amount of guilt in his eyes.

"I was the violin soloist for Vivaldi Four Seasons for the Atlanta's Children's Orchestra. Bonnie cried."

"Well you must throw a private concert just for us sometime, little witch," Klaus said to Amour. Rebekah's aura and eyes seemed to soften, watching them interact. A glimpse of the elder brother that she loved. This little girl brought it out of him again.

"I will. Just tell me when! I'll play for you too, Rebekah. Do you like Vivaldi? I can do Bach. Or Tchaikovsky," she offered. Rebekah patted the young fragile witch on the back. Amour looked back to Klaus, "So where have you been? Why did you leave? Why are you back? Are you staying?"

"So many questions little witch! Just sit down and relax. Where is your sister?"

"Here! I'm here!" Bonnie came rushing in with Matt behind her. "We're still allies, right?"

"Yes, which is why I am here. I need your help. I see Elena is still with the living. Is that your doing?"

"No, you can thank Elijah for that," she gestured to Elena who scoffed. Caroline and Matt both snickered. Rebekah smirked at the witch's attitude.

"My hybrids aren't working. You will contact the dead witches and ask them why. Amour and the human boy toy will wait here."

"No, Amour stays with you. Matt will be with me." she left to go figure out where she'd find witchcraft supplies. She knew Amour would be safe, Klaus seemed to hold some form of affection for her. But Matt, she knew, was in constant danger. She'd asked him if he wanted her to take the Gilbert ring from Jeremy or Elijah but he refused.