Chapter 7

One year later...

Persephone walked through the streets of New Orleans in her new thigh high boots. A lot had changed in a year. A lot had changed in two. She was a bit taller. A bit curvier. Some of that was due to depression and weight gain, others were just her curves making themselves more known. Being a werewolf kept her in shape without having to do much. She was a music major which made things quite easy for her. All her classes were online this year except a masterclass with a violinist. But she was able to find someone in New Orleans to give her lessons if she decided to stay.

The first year of university was hard. Not because of the academics. She breezed through that. Socially, she stayed in the two bedroom apartment she shared with Bonnie and Matt. She never left except for classes. Mostly she stayed in her room and practiced. Until her fingers bled but they healed and she kept going. Bonnie and Matt were more wrapped up into themselves. Persephone couldn't find it in herself to hate Bonnie for being happy. For finally having less responsibility. So she said nothing of all the pain she still felt daily.

But, she kept in touch with the Mikaelsons. Rebekah was the one to tell her of the new location. Bonnie didn't know about the online classes or her new home but Persephone told herself it would be a while before she cared enough to find out. Persephone did a locator spell to find Niklaus and took a taxi to the location. She felt magic around her but also an air of danger as she approached the building.

It was late evening when she arrived. Vampires guarded the door but she walked straight up to them. Well really past them, snapping their necks as she went. "I need to speak with your Master," she said in a normal inquisitive voice. Though she could admit it now had an icy edge. She kept going further into the place. More vampires attacked and she just snapped necks. No reason to kill. Yet. Finally one more guy arrived but didn't attack her. Just stared at her in confusion.

"Who are you?"

"I'm looking for Nik. Are you holding him here?" she asked.

"Who?" Persephone nodded in understanding. Most didn't call him Nik.

"Niklaus,"

"You're looking for Klaus?" the tall dark skinned vampire asked. She nodded with a bit of sarcasm.

"I just said that."

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead. Can you just tell him I'm here?"

"And who should I say is visiting?" he asked, hoping to gather information.

"Persephone Bennett."

"Witch?"

"None of your business. Nik!" she called out, getting a little angry. The Hybrid seemed to appear instantaneously.

"Persephone, what are you doing here?"

"You know this girl?" the man asked him.

"Who is he? Can I kill him?" she asked with a raised brow. The man in question just looked at her in astonishment.

"No, Persephone. This is an old friend, Marcellus. Marcel, this is Persephone."

"And what exactly is the relationship here?" Marcel asked.

"Nik is my friend. My only one, really. I thought I was his but now I've met you."

"Would you like to come in and stop killing my guys?"

"They are not dead. Not really," she said and stepped over their bodies to a more clear area where she saw a bench. Those shoes were not walking shoes.