Escape

pov: Gellert

Today I am to be escorted. A pretty stupid idea. I will take advantage of this opportunity! Abernathy will help me escape. I had him brew a polyjuice potion so we can swap places. Now he's in prison instead of me. Meanwhile, I'm on the building disguised as Abernathy, waiting. I'm waiting for them to escort him. As soon as the carriage flies off again, I'll apparate to the carriage. The polyjuice potion will last perfectly until then. It's just too bad I can't see his stupid face when the supposed Gellert Grindelwald turns back into Abernathy in front of him. We drank it at the same time so that we could change back at the same time. As soon as I'm back to my old self I'll attack! The storm over New York makes it even better. It's raining so hard you can hardly hear anything when you're outside. I also hope for his sake that he has the blood pact with him! He's mine and Albus is my former partner, helper, friend and more than a friend to me. We made the blood pact together and I don't want to know what would happen if something happened to the blood pact. I'll show them that they shouldn't have messed with Gellert Grindelwald! Finally! Abernathy is in the carriage and they take to the air. As they fly past me, I apparate between two wheels and hold on tightly. Long platinum blonde hair falls in my face. The polyjuice potion has stopped working. I apparated to the carriage and held the Elder Wand at the ready. With a light flick of the wand, I conjure the straps into snakes that attack the two Aurors. I move to my seat and take the reins to steer the thestrals. I steer them down to the water and dip the Elder Wand in. This fills the carriage with water. Aurors on the broom try to get to me. I swing the Elder Wand several times in the air and direct lightning at them. Finally, I go to the door and blow away the glass, causing the water to fall out immediately. I climb in and take out the blood pact Abernathy had in his mouth. I look at him before closing my hand around him. I let Rudolf Spielman out over the Atlantic. Either way, he couldn't defend himself without a wand. I conjure Abernathy a forked tongue as minimal compensation for having his tongue cut out for good measure. ''Well done Abernathy. We are now flying towards Europe. There you will get to know the culture of Europe, the landscape and my followers. Have you ever been to Europe?'' I ask. ''No, Mr. Grindelwald. This is the first time I've left America.'' ''Then it's about time. I have more plans that we will realize together! That'll teach them a lesson. They shouldn't have messed with me!'' ''A revenge plan?'' ''Better my dear Abernathy but all in good time first across the Atlantic and then little by little my plans will be realized!'' ''I look forward to serving you Mr. Grindelwald. Your power is impressive.'' Flattery is something I will hear more often from followers, especially from women. For the rest of the journey we were silent. Nurmengard, hidden in the Alps of Austria, the land of my birth, will be a perfect base to share my plans and regain my looks. The long hair is terrible. I will cut it as short as before my captivity. I'm going to shave my beard back down to my upper lip. A full beard was never my thing, Albus liked it, I hated it. I'm most looking forward to my coats all in black, perfect for black magic! This will be your downfall Aurors! The revenge is mine!

Words: 635