Good arguments

pov: Albus

I wake up and look around. I'm still in the same place as yesterday. So unfortunately it wasn't a dream. I've been kidnapped by Gellert Grindelwald, the most feared dark wizard in the world. I close my eyes again and beg to wake up somehow and be at Hogwarts, but I'm not granted that. I hear someone enter my room. I ignore it. Well, until I feel someone sit down next to me. I looked up and looked straight into Gellert's different eyes. ''Didn't sleep well?'' he asks and puts something on the bedside table. At the risk of making him angry, I decided to just close my eyes again and turn over. I hear a slight giggle. Is he amused by my behavior? ''You still don't seem to be on such good terms with me,'' he says. But I continue to ignore him. But then I hear something move. I thought that Gellert had got up and wanted to leave, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I feel something on my hand. I open one eye and notice that he has given me the blood pact again. ''I didn't think that after all this time you would still be carrying the blood pact around with you. Especially since you seem to hate me so much. I don't have all day. You used to be convinced that we could change the world together.'' Now I decided to stop ignoring him and answer. ''I was convinced yes, but not the way you're going about it. No blood should be shed. What's the point of killing wizards and witches? What's the point of making the world a better place if almost everyone is dead? What's the point of having power if many die? Tell me Gellert, what good does it do you?'' ''The enemies of this world are the Muggles and the Ministry. The Ministry acts out of fear. They do not defend themselves. They let the Muggles get away with too much. Tell me Albus, what do you think Muggles would do to us if they knew there were any like us? Will they reintroduce the methods of the Middle Ages, hunt us down and kill us en masse? Or will they exterminate us like rats with their tanks, bombs, guns and poison gas? Everything they don't understand should be destroyed. Everything that does not fit in with their beliefs does not belong in their world and is labeled as a plague of the devil. Things could be peaceful if the ministry didn't fight back. They have divided the wizarding world. They have created good and evil wizards and witches. They were the ones who divided magic. They have their pride and don't want to admit that I'm right. They started this war between me and them. They are the enemy Albus and not me. I only kill those wizards and witches who are loyal to the Ministry. Who don't deserve to live in the world I see. In freedom and unity!'' ''How dare you speak of freedom? You rather mean living in unity to serve you. You took advantage of me back then, just like you do with your followers! If someone doesn't do what you say, he'll be killed or Gellert? Admit it, you don't care about freedom. You only want subordinates who do what you want. Give me a single example where muggles and wizards can't live in freedom. Let's see if you can answer this question for me and if you really understand freedom.'' With that I should have him. Good arguments or not, he doesn't understand a word about freedom! He was silent for a moment until, to my surprise, he answered in a shaky voice. ''Is it fair to condemn men and women who love the same gender? Is it fair not to consider them full members of the community just because they are gay or lesbian? They don't live in freedom because they can't stand up for themselves for fear of being rejected by their family and in the worst case even being reported. It is forbidden to love the same sex in both worlds. You can go to prison for it Albus. This is considered absolutely disgusting. Think about it Albus. I know you think I don't know what freedom is, but I know it better than you might think. I don't have any more time. I'll come back some other time. The food I brought is on the bedside table.'' I hear him get up and then leave the room. I admit that he is still very persuasive and has good arguments, just like when we were disciples. But why did he have a shaky voice in this example? As if he was afraid to talk about it. I should rather ignore this fact. I sit up with the blood pact in my hand and look at him. I put it carefully in my pocket and look at the food. Eventually my hunger got the better of me and I started to eat it. It tastes surprisingly good for being a prisoner. I put the plate down again and lie down. I hope I can find some peace soon and banish the conversation deep in my brain!

Words: 877