A Nightmare

pov: Gellert

It's late at night. To be precise, it's zero o'clock. As is often the case, I'm still wide awake. I usually don't go to bed until 1 or 2 o'clock at night. Many would consider that unhealthy, but that's just my sleeping pattern. I was writing a few ideas for my next course of action when there was a knock on the door. It's unusual for someone to want something from me at such a late hour. I get up and open the door. In front of me was one of my followers who was supposed to be on the night shift and standing in front of Albus' door. ''Aren't you supposed to be at Dumbledore's door?'' ''Yes, but me and my colleague heard him say something quietly. It was unintelligible but we're a bit worried.'' Worried? I laugh at that. They're just afraid I'll blame them if something happens to Albus. ''I'll have a look for myself. You and your colleague can take a break.'' I walk to Albus' door and knocked. No one answers so I just go in. I found Albus in his bed. If those two are going to have any fun, they're going to get an earful! I go quietly to Albus and sit down carefully on the bed. It's been a long time since I've seen him sleep. When he sleeps, he always looks peaceful and carefree. He's just cuddly when he's asleep. I notice that he is sweating slightly. I hope he doesn't get sick. I feel his forehead but it wasn't hot. A gentle grin crept onto my face. A nightmare, it seems to me. I would like to wake him up and free him from the nightmare, but it would be too dangerous. I could try occlumency, though. I carefully enter his subconscious and try to dampen the nightmare. I use my full concentration for this. It's been a long time since I used occlumency. My eyes were closed for this. But when someone touches my face, I startle and fall off the bed. I hear a soft giggle followed by two eyes scrutinizing me. I couldn't help but smile too. I pull myself back up and sit on the bed again. ''What are you doing here Gellert?'' Albus asks. ''You were talking in your sleep. The two who were outside your door came to me and told me about it. I then realized that you were having a nightmare. I successfully got rid of your nightmare with Occlumency.'' ''Why didn't you just wake me up?'' ''There's a chance that the person you woke up will remain trapped in the dream. ''I see. Thank you.'' ''No problem.'' All of a sudden, Albus blushed and almost hid his entire body under the covers. ''Are you all right?'' I asked, slightly confused. He's like a surprise bag sometimes. Sometimes he's embarrassed, sometimes he's cheeky or offended. His mood is pure surprise. ''I'm almost completely naked,'' he admits, embarrassed. I had to stifle a smile. If he only knew that I would like to see him completely naked. ''What's the big deal? You don't have to be embarrassed, Albus. As I said before. You don't have anything I don't have, except for scars. You don't have to hide anything from me. If you can't let me see your upper body without clothes on, how is that going to be with a woman, my dear?" He looked at me a little panicked now. ''It makes me uncomfortable.'' ''You're a man like me. I would be more uncomfortable being topless with a strange woman than with a good friend.'' ''Nevertheless. It's not easy for me.'' ''I don't think you have scars on your body like I do.'' I pulled the blanket off him, but only enough to expose his upper body. I had to swallow down my wish to touch him. I collected myself and spoke again. ''How many women would pay money to see a body like yours? I'll tell you, lots of them. You shouldn't hide your body.'' I saw him relax and finally look me in the eye again. ''Thank you.'' ''Nothing to thank.'' I'm about to get up and leave but was grabbed by the wrist and pulled back onto the bed. ''Please don't go.'' I looked at him before asking gently. ''Was the dream really that bad? He just nods slightly. ''Alright, I'll stay a little longer.'' ''Thank you.'' I sit down a little more comfortably on the bed. Albus snuggles up to me slightly and rests his head on my legs. I'll probably stay here all night. I cast a spell quietly so that no one could hear us or open the door with Alohomora. His breathing slowed down and eventually he fell asleep again. I stroked his hair a few times before I closed my eyes too. We finally fall asleep together.

Words: 816