𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

*ONE DAY BEFORE*

~CAROLINA~

- "You're joking,right?" I ask her,hoping that she's joking. She slowly turned her head in my direction,looking at me with the most serious looking on her face.

Ok, she's not joking.

- "I know is hard for you ,darling...I know that you also have responsibilities ,I understand you, but I don't really trust to leave her with our neighbours.. And you know that so damn well!" She tells me while packing her things.

Sometimes I really don't feel that she does it, but I know how much she trust me. They both do.

Their leaving is the most difficult until now from year to year. I want them to find another job. If they were finding something else,they would have resigned by now. They have been working on this company for 6 years.

- "Yeah,yeah... I understand...." I say as I throw myself on the bed, fixing a non-existent point.

Charlotte is the little tornado from this family. She's my little sister,she's very energetic,a little bit too much I can say,loves ballet,and tomorrow she will be,again,my responsibility.

I always try to be present in several places, to do everything I can. But I always fail, and I'm starting to think that I do it quite often and great.

Mom is the superhero in our family. She know where is everything in this house. I admire and love her for this.

Dad is just like me. When he has a hard time,is talking to mom. With everything,in every problem. I mean,we all do this.

She is a kind of the house psychologist. She finds solution to every problem. No matter how complicated or absurd it may seem.

- "You know ,Caro, we can actually hire a nann-.."

- "It doesn't matter ,mom. It's ok. I'll handle it. I mean,every time I'm doing it,right?" I say,while I'm smiling.

She stopped packing and turned to me. I was hating this look of guilt and sadness so much.

Their leaving is the hardest part. I would stand in front of the door, just to stay with them. I would beg for them to stay. And yet, it can't happen..

- "You're my best daughter." She tells me,with a beautiful smile on her face.

- "And you're my hero!" I say ,and then I get her in a hug.

Dad is entering in the room,and smiles while looking at me and mom when we were hugging. It was like a little tradition. A hug,like some promise. A promise that everything will be alright.

- "Are y'all ok?" He asked us.

- "Yes, we're ok..It's just a little hard..." I'm replying to him.

- "I feel you. I don't think it was one time when it wasn't. But we believe in you."

My parents were the most calm,kind and friendly persons I've ever known in my life. Every time I've wanted to cry,they were there for me. They always know that I was able to make whatever I want. Mom had a saying: "You can do whatever you want if you put your mind into it". And it worked every time. I feel so lucky because I have them.

They are my biggest fans.
They always believed in me,even in the time I didn't. They were always there to say something nice to me when I was felling sad.

- "So...what's the destination this time?" I change the subject,because I was feeling that imma cry in any moment.

- "London. Do you want something?"

Every time when they are traveling ,they are asking me what I want from that place. I have collected so many things in recent years that my room can be considered a museum.

And I have a really nice collection. A book about Olympus legends,they got me that from Greece,a necklace ,in the shape of a star,from France. The ,, Juliette and Romeo” book,they got me from Spain. I also have a guitar,is very beautifull. They got me from UEA.

I also love my snow globes,they go in Lithuania every year 3 days before Christmas and get me 1 globe. Those I'm putting on the highest shelf so Charlotte can't reach them. I remember the last time I gave her one, she broke it, plus it was my favorite. I know it wasn't intentional, but I still was mad at her. And my parquet still have glitter on it.

The photos with me and Georgia were safe. The guitar is hooked on the wall,my little library it's next to my bed and any other things,are hidden somewhere.

Because,yeah. She likes for some reason to stay in my room. Coloring, playing with her big collections of stuffed animals, and other things.

Bunnies,bears,penguins ,tigers,cats,but one of her favourite one and will always be,is Mr Froggo,a cute frog with a beautiful smile and 2 big eyes.

She takes him everywhere with her. She always says that she don't wanna leave him alone or behind.
I don't think I was attached like this to a toy. Or maybe I was,but I don't remember.
Her problem is if she got a new toy,forgets about the other ones.

- "A book and keychain. I think it will go great with the car I don't have" I tell them in the end.

- "I promise that we will solve it." Dad says,while is kissing me on the forehead.

My dream car is a black or blue BMW M8 Competition Coupé. I've always liked this car. From all points of view. I was needing a car so bad, especially in days when was raining or the bus was late. Sometimes,is not even coming.

- "Charlotte asked for another stuffed toy, right?" Mom asked.

- "You know her.. She loves them so much, so that she get a new toy , she throw the others here and there .." I reply.

- "She is only 6,darling. Don't forget that you were also passionate some years of Stephen King books,but then you left them." Dad says.

- "In my defense I can say that I was not only passionate about books, but also about horror movies." I tell them then I raise my hands up in surrender.

- "And then,how did it go for you?" Mom asked with a little sarcastic smile.

2 weeks of sleeping with the light on. It was terrible,even though I was 13.

I don't know when time went by so fast,but the time was already 10 pm. On channel 5,it was presented the weather. Great, two days on a row is gonna rain. How was the week going to be even more horrible than it already was?

- "Don't forget about your umbrellas,darling." says mom.

-"I won't. I promise" I'm saying.

Mom nodded and closed the last bag. We were both looking at the clock, and it was already 11 pm. Wonderfull. My parents are leaving in just 10 minutes.

We'll be fine. I hope...