part 2

The next morning she woke up refreshed. A radiant smile planted on her lips. The image of Clementine appeared like a sudden flashback.

Yes, she should have kissed her.

Since she had woken up in a good mood she called her sister and insisted they had breakfast together. Natalie felt good to the point she was up to have some company.

"So, why are we here?" With time the voice of her sister had begun to sound just like her mother's, and that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

"Why not?" Natalie said, looking at her sister like she was the one being weird.

Kate swallowed the food she had in her mouth and then spoke; "Natalie, we're outside. Like, in a public place." Her sister said, her eyes still couldn't believe what she was seeing in front of her. It had been strange enough to get a text from Natalie early in the morning asking to meet at a cafe. Natalie not only looked normal, like any other civilian, but she wore makeup.

"I know."

"Are you on antidepressants or something?" Kate put a comforting hand on top of Natalie's, but quickly her younger sister moved her hand away.

"No."

"We're outside!" Kate whisper-yelled, "You haven't been much outside... for literal years... and you're not wearing your pajamas."

"That was one time." Natalie fought not to roll her eyes at her sister. "You've done worse."

"Okay fine, you know too much." Kate brushed some of her ginger hairs off her face, then she looked at Natalie as she ate. "To add up, you're in a good mood, and that is the weirdest part."

"So what if I am?" Natalie couldn't help chuckle, not understanding why the sudden plans of breakfast were so atrocious in her sister's eyes.

"Did you get a vibrator like I told you?" Kate grinned, hoping to get a reaction from her younger sister.

"Oh God, no... I did something more outgoing than visiting a sex shop." Natalie laughed, and then she begun to tell Kate all her adventures of the night before: from the very beginning of a sudden need to get out, to her fear, to an almost kiss with the mysterious Clementine.

"You did what?" Her older sister was the only friend she had left, but she was so heterosexual she wouldn't understand the drama that Natalie was going through, the existential crisis and dilemma of calling Clem or not. "Who on earth leaves without a kiss if they were hot?!"

"I know, I know. Totally foolish of me." Natalie sighed before she took a bite of her omelette.

"How was she?" Kate took a sip of her coffee.

"Hot." Natalie smiled at the thought of the prior night, when Clementine asked how she would describe her. "Alluring."

"Yes but specifically." Kate said, hoping Natalie would elaborate.

"Short black hair, tan skin, brown eyes... she had cheekbones like Angelina Jolie." Natalie smiled, remembering how good Clem looked when she began to lean forward to kiss her.

"You should have fucked her. It would do you good, you know? Sex." Kate said, drinking her orange juice and texting at the same time.

"Stop." Natalie hissed, "We're in a public place."

"It really would." Kate replied, her voice equally as loud, cleaning the remains of orange juice dripping down her chin with a napkin.

"Stop." Natalie hissed.

Kate giggled, taking a mouthful of her toast, "Sex is a natural thing!" She managed to say as she chewed.

"You eat like a five year old, did you know that?"