part 10

This chapter contains NSFW content.

"Ronit is amazing with the camera I promise you."

"You promise me?"

Clementine rolled her eyes, "I really am not kidding. Look, she told me she'll be here in a couple weeks because she'll be staying in the city for a week for a work conference. I think you'll like her. You're both definitely very passionate about what you do." She said in a tone that seemed almost excited. Clem felt happy she could help Natalie with her paintings even if this was a favor she was asking someone else.

It seemed like a significant moment for them.

Clem sliced a piece of meat, then another and another. "Do you need any help?" The redhead asked, walking towards Clementine's side, only to stare at her manipulate the meat.

"Not really. You can sit and look pretty." Clem said, flashing her a smile before putting her focus back on the knife on her hand and the meat.

Natalie nodded, "I like your kitchen."

"You do?" She asked surprised. "It's so... boring to me."

"Yeah about that, why don't you decorate? I could help you with that."

"I'd like that."

Natalie cleared her throat, walking to the other side of the kitchen isle to take a seat again. "So, does this Ronit woman have any kind of portfolio I can see?"

Clementine began laughing, "Um, I should have told you this before but... she's a filmmaker. Ronit Kohen." She replied, her eyes still on what she was doing. She turned on the kitchen and began cooking the steaks.

"What?! Didn't she fuck the Alexis Jackson?" Natalie exclaimed surprised of who Clementine's mysterious friend was.

"Don't mention that when she's here or she'll hate you." Clem let out a short giggle, adding pepper and salt aggressively and quickly.

For a second Natalie forgot what they were talking about, distracted by the muscles flexing on Clementine's arms. "Oh God, I hate her! How could she let go of Alexis?! She's insanely stunning and talented." She finally said.

"I didn't know you had a thing for Alexis Jackson." Clementine wiggled her eyebrows, looking back at her... almost girlfriend?

Natalie felt herself blush. "I mean, what lesbian doesn't?"

Clem took the steaks out the stove and put them in their respective plates, "I don't. I mean I see why she might be attractive to other people, but I don't really like blondes."

"I'm not into blondes either, but she's Alexis Jackson!"

Clementine laughed, turned off the stove, washed her hands quickly and joined Natalie.

"Here you go, Alexis Jackson lover."

Natalie scoffed, "Hey, you admitted having a huge crush on Jennifer Aniston once to me, and as far as I know she's blonde."

"Dirty blonde, totally different."

They ate and had a smooth conversation. Moments like this made feelings seem less scary and supernatural, because feeling them next to Natalie made everything so much lighter and better. Clem wanted to woo the artist one way or another, and apparently the perfect way to her heart was a well made steak.

"This...is...fucking...delicious." Natalie managed to speak with her mouth half full. Clem was somehow not bothered by that even if she hated chewing noises to a point of disgust.