Chapter 11

Louis's POV

I was smashed. Those drinks really hit me hard. For a good half of the party, I couldn't remember anything, and my head was just throbbing to the sound of the loud music and my eyes were blinded by the lights. When I came to my senses after some time, I realized I was still at the dance floor, and I had someone in my arms. Someone who was leaning on me, nuzzling into my neck, and barely moving to the music.

It took me another few minutes to figure out what was actually happening. First, I remembered that I was at Clive's, at the party he threw after we won our first game. Then I remembered being bored, waiting for Niall and Harry to arrive, and downing shots. Then I looked down at the girl sprawled on me, slightly swaying. Ashley... that's right. I was dancing with Ashley. But why? Umm... why not??, I asked myself again.

I was just standing in the middle of the dance floor, like a fucking maypole, with Ashley wrapped around me like a ribbon.

Then I vaguely remembered seeing a head of curly brown hair running out the door, followed by a girl with long blonde hair. Harry? Was it Harry? Did he actually make it to the party? He was with a girl? I don't know why this slightly bothered me when I had my own problem with her hands still around me.

I realized I needed some fresh air. I slowly grabbed Ashley from the shoulders and tried to get her off me.

"Ash?" I spoke. She was still pretty drunk. She didn't even open her eyes. I slowly walked her towards a couch and positioned her there carefully. I looked around to see anyone I knew but I wasn't sure the people I saw around me were from my school even. I couldn't recognize a single person.

But then I saw a familiar head of dyed blonde hair. Finally!

"Nialler!" I shouted over the music. He heard me and turned to look at me. "Louu!" he shouted and motioned for me to remain where I was. He came over then, parting the mass of people that just seemed to keep increasing.

"When did you get here?" I asked him, still unable to fully focus my eyes on him or anything else for that matter. I had a hard time keeping them open at all.

"Some time back mate. I looked for you but I couldn't find you, obviously" he grinned.

"Did Har... oh god my head's throbbing... Did Harry come with you?" I asked him, rubbing my temples.

"Yeah. Him and Allison both. But I lost them as soon as I got here".

So that was Harry. Why did he leave though? More importantly, why did he leave without talking to me? So, the girl I saw following him was probably Allison. Wait, why did they go out together? Is Harry with Allison? That's the moment the alcohol in my system decided it needed to get out of my body in the form of vomit. But I controlled myself before I retched all over Clive's very expensive looking rug.

"Are you okay?" Niall was looking at me, quite concerned. I'm sure I looked green now, trying to control the bile that was forcing its way up my throat.

"Mmhmm" I said, not opening my mouth, scared that I will puke all over Niall.

"You don't look okay, mate. You look like a cat about to throw up a hairball".

I finally managed to open my mouth after I was sure I wouldn't throw up. "I'm okay... I guess. Anyway, I think I need to get home Niall. I had too much to drink I think, and I really need to get home".

"Mind if I stay a little longer, or do you want me to walk you home?" Niall asked me. I shook my head to say 'no.' "I can manage" I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Okay then, text me when you get home safe" Niall said and disappeared into the crowd again after giving me a quick hug. I started walking home and to be honest I myself wasn't sure if I could manage on my own, even though I told Niall I could. After taking about 3 wrong turns, I finally managed to get home. Damn, did I actually take forty-five minutes to walk home? Oh well.