Chapter 6 Truth

"Answer me."
After a long time of silence he denied.
"No. It wasn't me."
"I'm giving you one last chance."
"I swear, it wasn't me."

His eyes bulged when she showed him proof of the picture that was taken. It was a picture of him and a guy in a grey mask. They were chatting casually.

"I can explain. I was just chatting with a guy from the electrical company. They not normally use these kind of outfits."

Lies. She had cross checked everything with Mr. Pailert as well as the cameras. She could see him making some sort of deal. They even had a paper agreement. A collateral. At that moment, she broke.

"P'Run, I'm not a kid anymore. I know the truth and I'm sure of it. I know you made a deal with this man. What deal was it? Did he threaten you?" Her voice getting higher within each word."

"But you don't understand. I did that to make sure you're safe. You're my sister, I couldn't let anything happen to you. That man threatened me and told me if I didn't want anything to happen to you... "
He stopped for a bit.
"I would let the guy do something else. It could be anything. I just didn't want it to be you. He told me he would start with one of the girls in our school."

"In return, you get my best friend get hurt and not me? Seriously? Do you know how much she and our friends went through?". Her tears fell.

"I don't care how much you wanted to protect me from danger. But if you're going to exchange my life with my friends' life, I think we're not on the same page. My friends went through so much the pass few days. I thought you promised to protect all of us. Not just me."

"Maki, I'm also worried about you as your brother."
"You left me for 7 whole years! Do you know how much I searched for you? All I hoped was that you had a good life. But I never gave up on you. Do you feel even a bit of guilt?"

"From now on, stop protecting me. Just stop." She said as she left the room.

He froze. He hasn't realized how big this fight was. He regretted his thoughts. But he could not turn back now.

The siblings collected their own thoughts. Maki isn't one to cry easily. Yet this time, her tears wouldn't stop. It just flowed and flowed. She had been keeping this the last few months inside. She couldn't understand her brother's perspective. How could he use one of her friends. Her best friend at that, to replace her own suffering. Sure, she could be a hot headed girl at times. But White would never do something that harms others negatively. It was as if best friends had twin telepathy. White had came to reassure her. She didn't ask any questions. She just simply gave her a warm hug. A hug. It was all she needed.

"I'm sorry." Maki said.
"For what?"
"It was , my fault that incident happened to you. My brother met with this fishy guy who threatened him. He exchanged your safety for mine."

"I understand if you can't forgive him or me yet. Take your time."
White scoffed.
"Here wipe your tears."
"I don't mind." White continues.
"It's alright if I get hurt. As long as you don't. This world needs your presence more. You're always super patient, helpful and studious. I heard your fight. Don't think about it too much. And make up later with your brother okay?" She smiled.

White laughed.
"I hate you." Maki said.
"Honestly, I didn't expect you to say that, White. Thanks for being my friend."
"Mhm. Get some sleep. It's already 9 pm.

Maki had decided to get some early sleep. Their friendship was always something she had treasured. True friendship isn't something you could buy with any amount of money. It is created. Ever since she came to Homeschool, she had found great friends. Although she may never say it, she does like him quite a bit. He had always been there for her. So has her best friend, White. Since the start, the two connected more than anyone else. Sometimes, us humans don't always need love romantically. We simply need someone by our side. Someone that has the same level of energy as us. Someone that can understand us and we can do the same as well.

The next day had came and everyone did their usual thing. But one thing was obvious. The tension. The tension between Maki and her brother. It's obvious that they had fought and haven't made up. Everyone knew and decided to not say anything. After all, they believe they would make up. It's a sibling nature. At least that's what they thought. It went on for days. It's almost been a week now. They both are putting up quite a wall between themselves.

"Maki, aren't you going to make up with your brother?." Tibet asked her.

She simply stayed quite. Everyone understood but didn't at the same time. Both their ego's the reason. The reason she didn't want to make up with him. She was disappointed. After all, they had just reunited again 3 months ago. But she felt bad for him. She knew he was actually sorry.

"Okay, I won't ask you. But just please consider talking to him. After all, he's your brother." Tibet said.
"I will. Tonight." Maki said.

Note: sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, please give suggestions in the comments. I would like to improve my writing mistakes or grammar 😄 I have been busy but I promise you that I will finish this fanfiction sooner or later.