Chapter 22

Hunter says, "look don't say that no one deserves that form of agony, the pain of losing a brother... it's like losing a part of your soul." Emerald looks at Hunter as she sees pain and distance in his eyes wondering, 'has he... also lose someone too?.' Hunter says, "we should get some sleep." He comes closer and lifts Emerald gently before placing her down on the mattress; He then gets back up and pulls off his shirt and unbuckles his pants, stripping down to his boxers. Emerald gulps nervously trying to turn away however she cannot help but admire his perfect abs thinking, 'damn he looks like a Greek God.' Hunter catches Emerald staring as she says, "I will sleep on the couch." Hunter says, "you will do no such thing, Emerald." Hunter bends down over her, laying her flat on her back as she feels his hot body just inches from hers before he blows out the candle above her and rises back to his feet. Hunter says, "you can have the bed and I will be sleeping over there." Hunter goes over and sinks to the floor with his back against the door saying, "I will not take the risk of someone coming in here when you are sleeping, especially Damien." Emerald asks, "so you are going to be my guard dog?." Hunter chuckles before letting out a woof sound as Emerald says, "really funny, but you said it yourself, Damien will not look for us here so there is no reason as to why-." Hunter says, "I thought you did not want to share a bed with me." Emerald nervously says, "well... I did not.. exactly...um..." Emerald remembers all the moments Hunter saved her and thinks, 'it's not right to ask him to sleep on the floor after everything....' Hunter asks, "are you... asking me to share the bed with you, Emerald?." 

Emerald looks at Hunter replying, "I....I...." Hunter stands up as he takes a step towards her saying, "if this is what you want, I will not refuse but I will understand if you are still afraid of me." Emerald says in a confident tone, "Hunter I am not frightened by you, you can sleep in the bed with me." Hunter asks, "are you sure?." Emerald nods and replies, "positive." Emerald pulls back the covers as he takes one last look at the door while Emerald in a reassuring tone said, "everything will be ok and honestly I will feel safer with you beside me." He smirks playfully asking, "is that so?." Emerald answers, "well you have saved my life multiple times." Hunter smiles before getting in the bed beside her as his body glinting in the moonlight; Emerald feels his thigh brush against her as a spark rockets through her body. Hunter apologises as Emerald says, "um... it was nothing." Hunter says, "you cannot lie to me, Emerald, remember I can feel you emotions, too." Emerald sees his smile in the low light as he says, "I will be sure to stay on my side of the bed, the volume of panic you just felt was intense." Emerald says, "it was not panic I felt." Hunter moves closer asking, "it was not, then what was it?." Emerald nervously says, "um...it was...." 

Hunter shifts more closer staring at her in a way he has never done before. Hunter asks, "let me guess, you want me to hold you, right?." Emerald doesn't reply as Hunter slides his body against hers as she feels the Dragon's mark humming. Emerald thinks, 'I am feeling something else, Hunter's emotion and his growing desire for me....' Hunter pulls her closer saying, "come here, Emerald." Emerald felt a little nervous as Hunter whispered, "I won't bite, unless you want me too." Emerald pushes him as Hunter chuckles playfully before she pulls him back and wraps her arms around his waist. Hunter says, "you are so tiny, I am scared I could break you, Emerald." Emerald says, "you will not, Hunter I trust you." Emerald nuzzles her face on his chest as they feel the warmth around them while they feel the bond burning between them. Hunter says, "you really are not afraid of me, Emerald." Emerald says, "I told you, Hunter." They can each feel each other's heartbeats as Hunter says, "thank you Emerald, I cannot remember the last time someone felt this calm around me." Emerald says, "me too." Sleep soon rolls in like a gentle fog as Emerald finally closes her eyes in Hunter's embrace. Hours later, in the cover of the darkness she soon awakes with a cold hand pressed over her mouth. Emerald opens her eyes wondering, 'oh my god, what is going on?! WHAT?!.' A deep dark figure leers over her in the darkness and presses a sharp blade to her throat. The unknown voice says coldly, "do not move, Emerald."