Chapter 26

Nathan says, "No! you cannot do this!." Hunter says, "I can, and I will." Hunter looks at Emerald, his whole-body craving vengeance as Emerald feels it in her body too. Hunter says, "these people don't deserve to breathe the same air as you, Emerald not for one more second, give the order." Emerald looks up at Danielle and Nathan remembering every emotion she felt since she was a child which included every cut, beating and burn and how she screamed, and they laughed showing no remorse. Emerald says, "Hunter, burn them alive, it's what they deserve." Nathan says, "you can't! I am your dad!." Danielle says, "I gave birth to you, you ungrateful spiteful-." Emerald says, "exactly, I am your DAUGHTER, you brought me into this world, you were supposed to care and look after me, but I was a stranger to love, I was no stranger to agony though and you soon you won't be either... do it, Hunter." Hunter turns saying, "with pleasure, Emerald." He snaps his finger as Nathan says, "NOOOO!!." Danielle tries to wriggle out and plead for her life as everyone watches their plea be ignored as they are slowly lowered into the boiling molten gold. Nathan and Danielle scream and thrash in pain before soon disappearing beneath the surface, never to be seen again. Emerald sadly looks down thinking, 'it's done, everything is finally over... they are gone.' Emerald feels a weight lifted from her shoulder as she falls to her knees before letting out a few tears and holding it in her fingertip saying, "tears are so strange sometimes for joy and sometimes for sadness." 

Pearl says, "NO!!! HOW COULD YOU!!." Emerald got back up as she says with fury in her eyes, "Pearl, SHUT UP!!." Pearl angrily replies, "no I will not shut up, you murderous evil bitch! you should have been the one to burned, everything is your damn fault! Jasper and now mom and dad-." Two guards suddenly grab her as Hunter says, "keep talking and my punishment for you will be much more innovative, actually how about we turn you into a slave?!." Peal was stunned saying, "what?! like Emerald?!. Emerald's heart lurches as she cannot stand the idea of Pearl being near her. Emerald says, "Your Majesty, she will make an awful slave for you." Hunter turns to Emerald saying, "you are my only slave, Emerald... this girl will be a washer, the lowest of the low... she will be living in the bowels of this castle for the rest of her pathetic life, scrubbing everything and I do mean EVERYTHING." Pearl says, "no way, that's disgusting! I won't." Hunter says, "oh but you WILL, and you will start with something extra special, what do you think Emerald? should your sister clean the toilets first? Or should we lower her into the sewer itself to clean the shit off the pipes?." Emerald looks at Pearl remembering how she was blamed for their brother's death and also how she also tortured her along with their parents. 

Emerald says, "Master, please have her lowered into the sewers first." Pearl yelled, "NO! THE SEWER WILL KILL ME! THE STENCH ALONE WILL KILL ME!." Emerald says, "take it from me, Peal it will take a lot more than a little shit to get rid of you." Pearl slowly understands the meaning and for the first time Emerald sees a hint of regret on her sister's face. Pearl says, "I should not have treated you the way I did, I know that now... please spare my life." Emerald said, "excellent, reflect on that while you scrape the pipes clean and oh make sure it shines, Pearl." Pearl curses and scowls as she is dragged away by the guards. Damian smirks to Emerald and Hunter saying, "your slave did run away, your Highness, I suggest we-." Hunter says, "I know how to handle my own property, Damian." Hunter takes Emerald's hand and lifts her over his shoulder as he carries her to the bedroom before dropping her on the bed. Emerald gets up saying, "hey easy there, I have been through a lot." Hunter says, "and I have not? I woke up to find you gone, Emerald, gone." Emerald said, "I had to leave." Hunter says, "you did not just leave, you ran from me... why Emerald? why did you do it?." Emerald saw the sadness in Hunter's eyes replying, "can you not understand? I am nothing but your possession here, a slave." Hunter says, "a well-treated one." Emerald says, "that is not enough when you will not always be around, and my life is threatened everyday... what happens to me after you birthday? If I don't die too, what will become of me?." Hunter is silent for a short moment before saying, "I...I need to think." He leaves the room as Emerald says, "wait I-." He locks the door as Emerald thinks, 'god, why can't he see why I did what I did? I know I hurt him, but I had to-.'