Prologue Chapter 2

The room was filled with whispers as the word got around. Neuvillette found himself a little self conscious. He was used to the attention back home but being here it was different. He didn't know what the deal was. He was a fish out of water and he didn't like it one bit.

"That is absurd! The student selection process has not errored once in its century of existence!" Crowley was whining about the situation, mostly because this meant he had to do something.

While Crowley was complaining and Neuvillette was lost in thought, Grim took this chance to break free and take his chance.

"Me! Me! Let me have his spot!"

"Not so fast, you hyperactive weasel!"

"Unlike that guy, I could fit into a dorm! Put me in the coolest one ya got!" Grim tried to bargain a way in, using the fact Neuvillette didn't fit into a dorm. "Look, I'll even show ya! My magic is the cat meow!"

"Everyone get down!" A short redhead yelled as Grim casted his fire magic. Seconds later fire was everywhere, and some people unfortunately got caught it some way.

"Ahh! Help I'm on fire over here!" A young boy with red eyes yelled out as he swatted at the fire.

"Someone catch that blasted animal! Before it sets the entire school on fire!" Crowley commends hoping there could be a student who could take care of this.

While a few students figure out whether to held or not Neuvillette decided to take matters in his own hands. Neuvillette summoned his cane and hit it on the ground. He easily made it rain inside the room and put out the fire and caused Grim to stop running.

"Stop this at once Grim. You are only making matter worse for yourself." Neuvillette say this as he walks over the captured Grim. Many people sighed in relieve as the rain puts out the fire.

"Hey! Thanks Mister, you really saved me there." The boy with red eyes yelled out at Neuvillette. Grim squirms as the shirt red head and a silver haired boys hold him down.

"Hey! Lemme go! Don't you try to collar me! Now feel the wrath...! Huh?! Wha?! What gives? My fire ain't my fire workin?" Grim tries to fight the heart shaped collar that was placed around his neck.

"Until I decide to remove the collar, you won't be using any magic. You're nothing but a cat."

"HEY! I ain't no ones house cat!"

"Don'y worry I certainly wouldn't want you as a house cat like you. The collar will disappear when you leave the campus."

Neuvillette watched the conversation from the side. Part of him did feel bad for Grim but the cat technically trespassed and it was only just that the headmage decide the outcome.

"Neuvillette! Was I not clear that you must make sure your framilar is well behaved?" Crowley turn to Neuvillette, who also turned to him.

"I do believe that I told you that Grim doesn't belong to me."

"Stop with th- Huh? Did you now...? Well I guess I'll have to expel it from campus. I'll save this creature from being served as dinner..."

"Hey! Ya better remember my name! Ya hear me ?!" Grim yells protests as he escorted out of campus.

"Well, that concludes this year's orientation. Housewardens please escort your students back to your dorm." Crowley instructs, as he looks around at the housewardens he noticed something. "Now where is Housewarden Draconia of diasomnia?"

"Not surprised that dude is a total recluse."

"Hey did anyone even invite him?" The boy with red eyes says. More whispers carry around.

"If you're so worried about him why didn't you do it?" A boy with a pretty face said.

"I mean I guess I could but I don't know, I just don't really know him all that well..."

"How unfortunate. Should it not be the concern of other housewardens to make sure others know? I also can't imagine it's too hard for the other staff to send out official invitations." Neuvillette says, he did find it unfair someone was uninvited due to a reputation.

The other housewardens gave each other a side eyes hoping someone else would say something. Even Crowley looked a little flustered for being called out. A short boy looked at Neuvillette and smiled.

"I'd figure something like this would happen...and I decided to come and see if Malleus made it to orientation." The boy had a deeper voice than Neuvillette expected. "I appreciate your concern Neuvillette was it? It's kind of you to say such words."

A few of the other Housewardens tried to defend themselves by apologizing to the boy with a deep voice. Neuvillette could tell they were only half assed, and was truely disappointed in them.

As everyone began to clear out Crowley walked towards Neuvillette.

"Well unfortunately I cannot let a student with no dorm be here at school. But because I am so generous I'll help you get home with the magic mirror."

Crowley guided Neuvillette to the magic mirror. "Now imagine your home and where you came from."

Neuvillette pictured Fontaine and the court of Fontaine. He image the water from all over Teyvat and all the hydro creature there too.

"O magic mirror! Return this soul to where they belong!"

The mirror looked at Neuvillette, it took one second, then two seconds, then 10. The mirror looked back behind Neuvillette towards Crowley.

"There is no such place."

Both Crowley and Neuvillette looked shocked at this response.

"There is no such place that this souls belongs to in this world."

Neuvillette stud there a bit shocked while Crowley panicked.

"Oh my, in all my years...I've never had anything like this happened before. Oh what a night it has been.." Crowley turned to looked at Neuvillette. "Now tell me. What land to you hail from."

"Of course. I'm from the nation of Fontaine"

Crowley looked puzzled before looked at Neuvillette.

"I'm afraid I'm not framilar with such a place. I make an effort to memorize everywhere a student may come from yet..This place you describe eludes me. Why don't we head to the library and search for any clues of this mysterious homeland of yours."

Neuvillette nods and folkways the head master. As they walk to the library many of the students notice it started raining hard outside.