Book 1 Chapter 1

YIPPEE! Ok we're finally getting started on the other dorms. I've been looking forward to this stuff and I've been thinking hard about how I want this story to go. I plan for there to be love interest but slow burn, I don't want it to be the focus not cause I suck a writing romance.

I hope you all take care.

———

As Neuvillette slept his head was filled with a weird dream. It started out with a rose bush, then a playing card was there painting the roses red. He found it weird.

"Hurry up and paint the roses!" The Ace of clubs said as it quickly paints. Another comes up to the same bush and joins it.

"Hurry slather them with red paint!"

"Hurry hurry, there are still roses to paint." The Ace of clubs continued as it tried to encounter both itself and other cards to work faster.

How strange, why not just plant red roses? Unless those don't exist in this world...

"Oh what are you guys doing? Why are you painting the roses?" Neuvillette watched as a little girl, around 10 years old, walks up to the two playing card. She wore a blue dress that Neuvillette could see many Fontainian girls wear.

The cards looked at her and began teller her about the Queen of hearts.

"It's for the Queen of Hearts, and we painted the roses the wrong colour you see." One of the cards answered. The other card decides to speak up and join the conversation.

"Yea, she likes red roses. If the roses aren't red we'll lose our head!" The Ace of Clubs said as it rushed to paint more roses.

Alice walked around and took the time to see all the rose bushes being painted red.

"My goodness!"

"And so, we're plaintiff the roses red." Another card spoke. It was the 3 of clubs, who spoke as it too painted the roses.

How peculiar. The title of Queen of Hearts does sound familiar. I believe Ace said it was one of the great seven.

Neuvillette then woke up to an unpleasant knocking at the door. He sat up and saw that Grim woke up too. He got out of the bed and headed for the door to the room.

"Neuvillette...seems like we got a visitor..in the middle of the night."

"Indeed. I'll be off to check it out." Neuvillette walked closer and the knocking repeat again. He really hoped who ever it was, had a good reason.

He got closer and could see the shadow of the person and after seeing it Neuvillette had a suspicion on who it could be. He unlocked the door and opened it, and he was correct. It was Ace.

"Hey, thanks for opening the door." Ace said nonchalantly. Neuvillette looked at the teen a little sceptical.

"Ace? What's he doing in the middle of the night?" Grim walked out of the bedroom and froze once he saw Ace with a heart shaped collar. "Huh? What are ya doing with a collar?"

"I can't go back to heartslabyul! I'm joining your dorm." Ace stated as he lets himself in. "Hey what do you think you're doing?!" Grim asked as Ace walked farther into the rundown dorm.

Neuvillette sighed, he was too tired to deal with this. All three of them walked into the main room of Ramshackles.

"Alright Ace, can you please inform me on why you decided to watch Grim and I up, and why you have a collar on?" Neuvillette said as he sat on the chair across the beat up couch.