Prologue Chapter 8

"You can't be serious. Is that the I my thing you can summon?!" Ace said as he watched the monster try to break free.

"Shut it, I'm worked up enough as it is!" Deuce says back as he feels winded from the magic he used.

"I suggest we get a move on then? We have the stone, we don't need to stay here any longer." Neuvillette said as he started the retreat.

As the group ran out the monster wasn't far behind. "MY STONES. MY STONES!"

Everyone runs out of the mines and towards the Mirror back. As they get closer the monster could be heard getting closer. It was wailing and crying out about the stone they had.

"Shit! How was that thing about to get free with all that weight?!" Ace said as he saw the monster get closer. Deuce and Grim look back shocked to see the thing moving closer.

The monster got closer and it was clearly much angrier than before. It started its attacks with no pattern of focus. Ace, Deuce and Grim tried working together to be it again.

"What the hell even is this thing? No matter what we through at it, it just hits harder!" Ace said as he prepared another wind attack.

"Myaahh!" Grim fires another blast of fire hoping that it would burn the monster this time. It slowed down for a second and just when they thought it was down it started moving again. It used its own attack against Gr pushing him back.

"Grim!" Everyone shouts as the see Grim barely able to doge. Neuvillette began to hit it with his own attacks which still didn't do much as he was still pulling his punches.

Ace and Deuce combined their attacks together and aimed it at the monster. The monster cried out and collapsed.

"YEAH!!" Ace yelled as Deuce joined him in a victory yell. Grim had gotten up and joined them too.

"Time for a victory high five!" Grim said as he went for a high drive from the other three. Neuvillette looked at them cracking a smiles but it was short lived has he felt something was off. The other three high fived and celebrated before they heard a groan.

Ace,Deuce and Grim all looked horrified that the monster was getting up again. Neuvillette stepped in front of the tired teens and looked right at the monster.

"Huh?! That makes no sense! We beat that sucker!" Deuce says panting slightly. Ace trembled a bit at the thought of fighting it again. Neuvillette looked back and noticed that Grim was also in no condition to continue fighting. Neuvillette looked up at the sky seeing as their time was running out.

"Take the magestone back to the Headmage, I'll deal with this creature." Neuvillette said as he took a step forward.

"You're crazy if you believe we'd just leave you!" Deuce said as he watched Neuvillette prepare to fight. Ace nodded and Grim looked up both sad and mad.

"You stupid human! You ain't doing this alone, we can all do this together, like you said we would!" Grim argued back and tried fighting Ace's hold.

"I did say that, but we are running out of time. The sun will be up in a few hours, if I had to guess maybe 4...There isn't any time left to think of a plan. Get the Magestone to the headmage and tell him what happened. I'm finishing the fight." Neuvillette said as he turned to the group who all looked down, knowing that Neuvillette was correct. Ace carried Grim as Deuce made sure the way was clear for them to use the mirror.

Neuvillette made sure they were far enough away before taunting the monster to focus on him rather than the others.

It worked and the monster started paying attention to Neuvillette as he started hitting the monster with much stronger attacks. The monster cried angrily and charged at Neuvillette.