Prologue Chapter 7

Yippe I'm alive chat. Genshin has been sucking my soul along with midterms.

Deep in the dwarf mines the monster kept crying out "Begone! Begone!" The monster reached forward and was able to land an attack on Deuce hitting him back. Ace took to his defence while Neuvillette checked on the young boy.

"Awe crap. It got Loosey-Deucy on the ropes! But not on my watch!" Ace said as he got ready to confer the monster. As Ace used his magic the monster seemed unfazed as it attack Ace right away.

Ace get knocked back too cause Grim and Neuvillette to get defensive of the two who got hit. It was more Neuvillette who was defending then while Grim hid behind him.

"Myaah! Stay away from me!" Grim whined while hiding behind Neuvillette before attacking with fire attack. The monster still seemed unfazed by it all as it got closer to the group. Neuvillette too this chance to analyze the situation trying to think of a way to make sure everyone got out safely. He couldn't bare the thought of either Grim, Ace or Deuce getting hurt while he could do something.

Wait, what's that shining behind-is that the magestone?

"I believe I found the magestone. There behind the creature." Neuvillette pointed and spoke to the group hoping that they could see it too, he still wasn't sure if the human in this world had the same vision as the humans in his. If that was the case there could be a chance they wouldn't be able to see it, with what little light there was in the mines.

"I...i think you're right! I see the stone too!" Ace said as he gets in to join Grim and Neuvillette. Deuce agrees and joins them too. The monster seemed to get angrier the longer they stayed in the mines.

"Ahhh! NO GIVE STOONES!" The monster cried out as it repeated the same broken sentence over a few times.

"Neuvillette I think it's time to book it! It's too strong!" Grim whined as he already decided to start retreating. Neuvillette signed and agreed a retreat would be the best outcome for now.

"I agree. Let's regroup and think of a plan to defeat this creature and get the stones." Neuvillette said as he encouraged the other two to retreat too.

As they make it out of the mines panting, expect Neuvillette they look around making sure it was save.

"Awe man, what the hell was that thing? I thought headmage said there was nothin livin here?" Ace groaned as he thinks back to the words the headmage said.

"Wel it certainly wasn't a ghost..." Deuce adds one trying to think of anything else to add on.

"I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with such a creature but I will say I did sense...a sort of grieve or anger around it. Perhaps it bares a sentimental attachment to the mines.." Neuvillette thinks allowed hoping that the other three could help think of an answer.

"Might as well give up, I mean there's no chance I'm fighin that thing again. I'd rather face expulsion." Ace sighs as he turns to head in the direction of the magic mirror.

"Huh?! Nu-huh not happening! I'm not getting expelled for NRC! How could you say such a thing!" Deuce yelled back appalled at how nonchalant Ace was being about the expulsion.

"I have similar sentiments as Deuce. I don't exactly see how quitting will solve the problem. This creature is stills here and we still need the magestones." Neuvillette said as he explained his feelings on the matter.

"I don't care, if you want the stone you guys get it. Just know that you'll never be half the mage I am. I'm out." Ace says as he begins to walk away.

Deuce got mad at this as faced Ace. "You go back to the coop you big chicken!"