(Eng) Chapter 2

Donna's sweet smile was eternally depicted in the frame placed amidst the mourning flowers. Next to it there is a small frame displaying an ultrasound photo of an 18 week old fetus. Vincenzo stood at her final resting place, accepting tributes from the mourners with blank eyes.

The funeral home was full not only of the Cassano Family, but also of Donna's friends and coworkers, even customers from the fine dining restaurant where she worked. During her life, Donna was a good person. She has many friends from various circles. Vincenzo is also one of the customers at the restaurant who ends up dated with her.

"Just rest first, while the number of mourners starts to decrease," said Paolo.

Vincenzo, whose body had lost his soul, complied when Paolo pulled him to a seat and gave him a bowl of soup.

"Maybe I don't deserve to say this, but you have to survive even if you don't want to," Paolo forced Vincenzo to hold his spoon.

Paolo shows his IPad. There is a photo with the personal data of a man suspected of being the perpetrator.

 There is a photo with the personal data of a man suspected of being the perpetrator

"I'm still investigating this but it's confirmed that he is Luciano's subordinate. He left a mark on the mirror, as usual. My subordinates are still looking for his whereabouts. I will definitely find him and hand him over to you."

"Luciano il lucifero..." Paolo snorted, "Tch, even though before they were begging to recruit you."

Vincenzo scooped up the soup and ate a spoonful.

"Let me meet Mr. Luciano."

Paolo's eyebrows twitched for an instant, "For what?"

"What do you think I want to do?"

Paolo took a deep breath, "I'll just take care of this problem. Besides, you're not a mafia anymore."

"That doesn't matter anymore."

Paolo frowned, looking thoughtful, while Vincenzo gulped down his soup.

"Honestly, don't you want that too?" Vincenzo wiped his lips.

Paolo glanced at Vincenzo.

~~~

Vincenzo visits the casino owned by the Luciano Family. Not to gamble, he wanted to meet the owner. He reasoned that the Cassano Family wanted to apologize for their actions against Emilio, compensate for losses, and collaborate with the Luciano Family.

In fact, these two mafia families never had problems when they were still led by their respective parents. But after Fabio Cassano died and was replaced by Paolo Cassano, while Alfonso Luciano decided to retire and was replaced by his son, Alberto Luciano, unhealthy competition between them occurred. Each tried to expand their power and take over each other's business.

Vincenzo entered the VVIP room where the Luciano family was gathered to gamble, accompanied by beautiful women.

"Oh... Vincenzo, welcome..." greeted Alfonso.